- Developing intellectual property protection programs and strategies for businesses.
- Advising companies in obtaining U.S. and foreign patent protection in emerging technology fields.
- Preparation of product development guidelines for manufacturers based upon analysis of competitive patent portfolios.
- Representation of businesses in patent and trademark infringement matters.
- Advising businesses in connection with intellectual property issues arising in the context of asset purchases, mergers, acquisitions and other business transactions.
- Representation of businesses in patent and technology licensing arrangements.
- “Federal Circuit Holds Statements During Inter Partes Review Can Be Prosecution Disclaimer,” Thompson Hine Intellectual Property Update, May 2017
- “Supreme Court Rules on Inter Partes Review of Patent Claims,” Thompson Hine Intellectual Property Update, June 2016
- “Willful Infringement After In Re Seagate,” Cincinnati Bar Association Intellectual Property Litigation Section, November 2007
- “Intellectual Property – Is the Foundation Crumbling,” Business Courier Panel Discussion, Cincinnati, June 2006
- “Conflict Issues In Intellectual Property,” Best Patent Practices for 2006 Seminar sponsored by Thompson Hine LLP, December 2005
- “Festo-Estoppel by Amendment,” Best Patent Prosecution Practices for 2005 Seminar sponsored by Thompson Hine LLP, Cincinnati, December 2004
- “Patent Prosecution in View of Festo,” The Eleventh All-Ohio Annual Institute on Intellectual Property, October 2001
- “Preparing and Prosecuting Patent Applications for Computer-Related Inventions,” 1998
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021 to 2024 for Patent Law
- Selected for inclusion in 2005 Ohio Super Lawyers®
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Cincinnati Intellectual Property Law Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- MSCenter, board member, 2004 to 2008
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, 1994
- University of Dayton, B.S.E.E., 1990, cum laude
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office