- Representation of a national real estate owner/investor in the leasing of New York and Connecticut office/mixed-use building regional portfolio. Recently concluded several leases with hedge funds and other financial institutions aggregating over 300,000 rsf.
- Representation of a foreign pension fund owner in the leasing of a major New York City office building.
- Representation of a real estate fund owner in the leasing of a New York City office building.
- Representation of a prominent owner/investor in the leasing of a Connecticut mixed-use building and New York City midtown office building.
- Representation of an office building owner in office lease of approximately 55,000 square feet, including major renovations and work by the owner.
- Representation of an international reinsurance company in 85,000 rsf and 50,000 rsf subleases of New York City office building.
- Representation of a New York City law firm in 90,000 rsf sublease of office space.
- Representation of an international law firm in major multi-city leases of office space.
- Representation of an international pharmaceutical company as tenant in a 100,000 square foot office lease in the Midwest.
- Representation of an international pharmaceutical company as tenant in a 115,000 square foot sublease in New Jersey.
- Representation of a specialty retailer in the leasing of national store locations.
- Disposition of office lease locations in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Austin, Montreal, Singapore and Paris through sublease and restructurings for an international services company.
- Representation of a major entertainment company in several leases of studio facilities and office space.
- Representation of joint venture comprised of a national REIT, a shopping mall developer and major investment bank in multistate financing of net lease locations.
- Representation of an international real estate financier in connection with contemplated securitization of convertible mortgage loan on a New York City ‘trophy property’.
- Representation of an investor/operator in structured financing of more than 100 New York City locations.
- Representation of money center banks in multistate secured financings of commercial properties.
- Representation of an opportunity fund investor in multi-property financing of distressed assets.
Acquisition, Disposition and Development
- Representation of an international bank in disposition of landmark New York City headquarters office building.
- Representation of an international developer/investor in disposition of office park portfolio in Connecticut, New Jersey and Maryland.
- Representation of an international merchant bank in acquisition and disposition of office and mixed-use buildings in Palm Beach, Seattle and Dallas.
- Representation of investors in acquisition of membership interests in net lease sites.
- Representation of a national investor/operator in acquisition of assets in bankruptcy and acquisition of designation rights in bankruptcy.
- Representation of a development partnership in the acquisition of development rights and development of residential condominium building.
- Representation of a regional hotel developer/operator in development of suburban hotel.
- Representation of a low-income housing developer in complex acquisition, financing and redevelopment of major New York City and Florida Projects involving public and private mortgage financing, low-income housing tax credits and private equity investments.
- Representation of major international corporations in acquisitions, leases and financings of major office and commercial buildings.
- Representation of high net worth individuals in real estate transactions.
- Representation of a major media company in construction of printing facilities in several states and retrofit of headquarters building.
- Representation of prominent cultural institutions in dozens of major capital projects.
- Representation of institutional owners in construction and reconstruction of office, industrial and warehouse facilities.
- Representation of industrial corporations in national and international design-build projects.
- Consultant to a New York metropolitan-area university in connection with several construction projects.
- Contributor, Practical Law Company, Inc. (PLC), Office Leasing: Schedule of Operating Expenses Exclusions, 2014
- Contributor, Practical Law Company, Inc. (PLC), Real Estate Leasing: Letters of Intent, 2013-2014
- Contributor, Practical Law Company, Inc. (PLC), Real Estate Leasing: State Q&A Tool, January 2013
- Co-author, “Green Buildings/Green Lease,” New York Law Journal, June 2011
- “Real Estate Investment in China,” The Real Estate Finance Journal, Spring 2009
- “Green Leases,” International Bar Association, Real Estate Section, February 2009
- Co-author, “Green Retail: Gaining Momentum,” International Bar Association, Real Estate Section, February 2009
- “Condo ‘Bulk Sale’ Cases: Transfer Tax Rate Confusion,” New York Law Journal, November 2006
- Co-author, “Mitigating the Risks in Real Estate Mezzanine Finance,” Bank & Lender Liability, October 2006
- Co-author, “Managing Risk in Real Estate Mezzanine: An Overview,” Real Estate Finance & Investment, October 2006
- “The Construction Contracts Act of 2002,” Real Estate Review, February 2003
- “The Terrorism Risk Insurance Act,” New York Law Journal, Vol. 15 No. 8, January 2003
- “Construction Loans,” PLI Seminar, Commercial Real Estate Financing 2016
- “Commercial Lease Due Diligence, Best Practices For Landlords and Tenants to Identify Risks,” webinar for clients of Strafford Publications, Inc., 2012
- “Acquisition of Real Estate Distressed Debt,” IBA Real Estate Conference, Miami, 2011
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2009-2023 for Real Estate Law
- Selected to the New York Metro Super Lawyers list, 2006-2022
- Listed in The Legal 500, Real Estate, 2011
- Selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Real Estate (New York), 2006-2010
- American Arbitration Association National Roster of Neutrals
- Columbia University School of Law, adjunct professor of law, 2014 to present (teaching Real Estate Development Law)
- New York Law Institute, Executive Committee, 2005 to present
- Health Care Chaplaincy, Trustee, 2009-2013
- ALI-ABA Real Estate Advisory Panel, member, 2011
- United Neighborhood Houses of New York, Inc., director, 1992-2008; president, 1992-1995; secretary and general counsel, 1989-1992
- The Broadway Association, Inc., director, 1991-2005
- New York City Economic Development Corporation, director, 1992-1993
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 1981,
member, Fordham Law Review; member, Moot Court Board
- City University of New York, B.A., 1975,
Dean’s List; President’s Fund Scholar
- New York