Senior Managing Associate
Alyson is a senior managing associate in the firm’s Corporate Transactions & Securities group. She focuses her practice on mergers and acquisitions, commercial contracts and general corporate matters.
Alyson’s experience at Thompson Hine has included assisting with a large volume of transactions, including a number of mergers, conversions, contributions and dissolutions in connection with a merger valued at more than $11 billion. She has also assisted with equity acquisitions and sales ranging from $8 million to nearly $100 million, some of which involved a private equity buyer or seller. In addition, Alyson’s experience encompasses providing assistance on a number of asset deals valued under $10 million.
Prior to joining Thompson Hine, Alyson was an associate with another firm in Columbus, where she gained experience drafting M&A and real estate transaction documents, licensing agreements and loan documentation. She advised on a variety of federal and state regulatory risks and compliance, and assisted clients with securities law compliance for private offerings, including preparing federal securities registration exemption memoranda, SEC notices and state blue sky law memoranda and notices. In addition, Alyson prepared trademark applications and maintenance filings, advised on intellectual property and technology matters, and organized tax-exempt entities and assisted them in obtaining real property tax exemptions.
- Received a 2022 Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Corporate Law, and Mergers and Acquisitions Law; included in the inaugural edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Corporate Law, and Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- CALI Award for Excellence in Appellate Advocacy
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Women for Economic and Leadership Development, Columbus Chapter
- Member, Advisory Board, Women’s Business Centers of Ohio, Columbus