A representative sampling of Karen’s experience includes:
- Representing the lead lender and agent in connection with a $58 million construction loan for a ground-up multi-family project in New Jersey.
- Representing the lender in the $20 million acquisition financing of a defaulted loan secured by a distressed multifamily project in Virginia.
- Representing the developer in connection with a $35 million construction loan and $6 million mezzanine financing in connection with a ground-up construction of multi-family project in New York, New York.
- Representing the lender in connection with a $48 million acquisition loan secured by several multi-family buildings in Alabama.
- Representing the lead lender in the $420 million acquisition financing of nine shopping centers located in New Hampshire and Massachusetts.
- Representing an investor in connection with a joint venture agreement with respect to a student housing project in North Carolina.
- Representing the lender in connection with a $20 revolving line of credit secured by real property located in Massachusetts and a pledge of stock.
- Representing the buyer of a distressed office and retail mixed use building in New York, New York.
- Representing the lender in connection with a $28 million refinance of a mortgage loan on property located in Massachusetts.
- Representing the lender in closing a $100 million permanent mortgage loan on a $10 million equity bridge loan and a $15 million mezzanine loan for a mixed use property in New York.
- Representing the purchaser in connection with the due diligence review of a $1.4 billion loan portfolio purchase.
- Representing the lender in the financing of a $50 million mortgage and construction loan note purchase secured by property in New York.
- Representing the lender in a $35 million hotel acquisition financing on a ground lease property.
- Representing lenders in a number of acquisition, construction, mezzanine and project loans ranging in size from $3 million to $50 million.
- “New Federal Anti-Money Laundering Regulations for High-End Residential Real Estate Transactions,” Thompson Hine Real Estate & White Collar Crime Update, January 2016
- “New York To Implement Accelerated Adjudication Option,” Thompson Hine Business Litigation Update, May 2014
- Quoted, “Building Collapse Report Raises Further Queries,” GlobeSt.com, August 2008
- Speaker, SIOR 2015 Tri State Conference, March 2015, New York
- Speaker, SIOR 2014 Tri State Conference, March 2014, New York
- Client Advisory, “Is the Credit Crisis a Force Majeure Event?”
- Listed in Legal 500, 2019
- selected to the New York Metro Super Lawyers list, 2018 to 2020, 2023
- Women in Real Estate Spotlight, New York Real Estate Journal, 2016
- 14 Top Women to Watch, Real Estate, 2014
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- NYCREW (New York Chapter Commercial Real Estate Women)
- Friendship Ambassadors Foundation, board member
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 1995,
Seton Hall Journal of Sport Law, editor in chief
- Stonehill College, B.A., 1992, cum laude
- New Jersey
- New York