Examples of Jennifer’s experience include:
- Obtaining dismissal of an Illinois biometrics statute class action in federal court with tens of millions in dispute.
- Defeating Rule 23 certification of nationwide damages class on behalf of a national managed health care company in a class action filed by providers alleging breach of contract.
- Defeating class certification of nationwide class actions involving allegations of sexual harassment and employment discrimination on behalf of a global third-party logistics provider and a national electronics retailer.
- Obtaining summary judgment on behalf of a client on its claims of breach of restrictive covenants against a former employee and competitor
- Defending a product manufacturer in a class action alleging product defects and defeating Rule 23 certification of national class.
- Representing defense contractor in nationwide class action litigation arising from alleged data security breach impacting employee personal data, including claims that plaintiffs have incurred or will immediately incur, physical harm, emotional distress and identity theft.
- Representing global airliner in responding to data security event arising from its third-party healthcare benefit provider’s use of MOVEit software, including with respect to client’s formal notification obligations and litigation risk assessments, and representing client with respect to its potential indemnification claims arising from the third-party provider’s breach of its legal obligations and contractually mandated security requirements.
- Assisting global logistics and storage business in responding to a data security breach impacting an employee-analytics software application, including assisting client draft and submit formal data breach notification to employees and regulatory authorities, and representing client with respect to legal and indemnification claims against third-party software provider.
- Serving as lead counsel for a national managed health care company in an arbitration where all claims, including allegations of breach of contract and violation of Georgia’s Any Willing Provider Act, were dismissed after a full evidentiary hearing.
- Defending a medical product manufacturer against claims of breach of contract, fraud and RICO violations, and resolving for a small fraction of the millions in damages claimed.
- “Using Motions to Dismiss to Challenge Class Allegations,” Bloomberg Law Reports, Class Actions, 2009
- “Choice of Law Issues in Non-Compete Agreements,” Lorman Education Services, Atlanta, 2002-2008
- Materials author and seminar speaker, “Covenants Not to Compete in Alabama, Florida, South Carolina and Tennessee,” Lorman Education Services, Atlanta, 2002-2008
- Order of the Coif
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers
- Georgia Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Tulane Law School, J.D., 1998,
Order of the Coif
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 1994, cum laude
- Georgia Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida