Megan S. Glowacki
Megan is an associate in the Labor & Employment practice group. She focuses on counseling management clients on all areas of labor and employment law. Her practical and timely advice addresses a comprehensive range of business issues and is designed to help employers mitigate risk and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. In addition, she represents employers’ interests in litigation involving employment discrimination, wrongful discharge, restrictive covenants, trade secrets, and wage and hour disputes.
Megan also represents private and nonprofit employers in collective bargaining negotiations, contract and discharge arbitrations, and investigations and actions involving unfair labor practice charges, and she advises on the interpretation of labor agreements.
While attending law school, Megan served as a legal intern for the National Labor Relations Board.
- Counseling employers on all aspects of employment law, including hiring issues, workplace investigations, defeating unionization attempts, wage and hour compliance, trade secrets and competition, and termination and disciplinary issues.
- Designing and assisting in the implementation of handbooks and workplace policies, including those covering leaves of absence, drug and alcohol testing, medical exams, hiring protocol, social media, severance and reduction-in-force plans.
- Drafting a variety of workplace agreements, including employment agreements, restrictive covenants, retention agreements, and separation and release agreements.
- Defending employers in a broad range of discrimination and wrongful discharge litigation in federal and state courts.
- Defending employers against charges of discrimination filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and other state organizations such as the Ohio Civil Rights Commission.
- Handling grievances and arbitrations for unionized employers and defending against unfair labor practice charges before the National Labor Relations Board.
- Serving as management’s chief spokesperson during union negotiations for initial and subsequent collective bargaining agreements.
- “Massachusetts Enacts Expansive Paid Family and Medical Leave Legislation,” Thompson Hine Labor & Employment @lert, August 2018
- “The #MeToo Movement – Timely Reminders for Employers,” Thompson Hine The Law@Work eNewsletter, Winter 2018
- “Federal Judge Enjoins New FLSA Overtime Regulations.” Thompson Hine Labor & Employment @lert, November 2016
- “Legalizing Recreational Marijuana Use: Business as Usual for Employers,” Thompson Hine Labor & Employment @lert, November 2016
- “Reminder: FLSA Overtime Rule Effective December 1,” Thompson Hine Labor & Employment @lert, October 2016
- “Voting Leave Laws – Is Your Company Ready for Election Day?,” Thompson Hine Labor & Employment @lert, October 2016
- “Federal Judge Enjoins DOL Persuader Regulations,” Thompson Hine Labor & Employment @lert, June 2016
- “DOL Expands Employer Reporting of Union Persuader Agreements,” Thompson Hine Labor & Employment @lert, March 2016
- “NLRB OKs Electronic Union Card Signatures,” Thompson Hine The Law@Work Newsletter, Fall 2015
- “The Silver Lining in the DOL’s Proposed Changes to the FLSA Salary Basis Test,” Thompson Hine Labor & Employment @lert, July 2015
- “Supreme Court Strengthens First Amendment Protection for Public Employees,” Thompson Hine Labor & Employment @lert, June 2014
- "The Fourth or Fourteenth? Untangling Constitutional Rights in Pre-Trial Detention Excessive Force Claims," University of Cincinnati Law Review, Fall 2010
- "On the Job and Off: Why Evidence of a Hostile Work Environment Should Never Clock Out," University of Cincinnati Law Review, Spring 2010
- Ohio State Bar Association Labor & Employment Law Award
- 2018 Ohio State Bar Foundation District 1 Community Service Award for Attorney’s 40 and Under
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Poor Foundation, trustee (2018-present)
- Thompson Hine Cincinnati Office Pro Bono Committee Chair
- Pro Bono Partnership of Greater Cincinnati, Advisory Council (2017-present)
- Cincinnati Bar Foundation, trustee (2015-present)
- Hyde Park Center for Older Adults, former board member (2015-2016)
October 29, 2012
December 06, 2017
November 08, 2017
February 22, 2017
December 09, 2015
June 24, 2015