Examples of Gerena’s experience include:
- Represented lead investor in $15 million Series B investment in an agricultural biotechnology company.
- Represented lead investor in $6 million Series A investment in an artificial intelligence company focused on the food industry.
- Represented major investor in $750,000 Series Seed investment in an artificial intelligence company focused on the retail industry.
- Represented lead investor in $20 million Series C investment in technology research and software-as-a-service company.
- Represented major investor in $1 million Series Seed investment in real estate technology company.
- Represented investment fund in $15 million debt financing investment in agricultural company.
- Represented major investor in $1 million Series Seed investment in enterprise software-as-a-service company.
- Represented major investor in $2.7 million investment in baked goods company.
- Represented investment fund in $1 million investment in for-profit social enterprise.
- Represented major investor in $5 million debt financing investment in grocery store and market.
- Represented investment fund in $500,000 Series A investment in alcoholic beverage company.
- Represented lead investor in $10 million Series A investment in agricultural robotics company.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented venture capital firm in the sale of investment company.
- Represented private company in stock unit sale.
- Sole associate during the representation of engineering company in the purchase and redemption of company stock.
- Sole associate representing commercial lenders in initiating and extending asset-based loans to finance transactions and refinance existing debt (loan values ranged from approximately $1 million to $10 million). Loan facilities included term loans, revolving loans and mortgage loans.
- Drafted, reviewed and/or revised commercial contracts for companies across various industries.
- Advised clients on minority certifications including Minority Business Enterprise certifications, Women’s Business Enterprise certifications, and Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise certifications.
- American Bar Association
- Black Women Lawyers Association of Greater Chicago
- Cook County Bar Association
- Chicago Volunteer Legal Services
- Quad Communities Development Corporation
- Scrub Life Cares
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2016,
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice, B.A., 2012, magna cum laude
- New York