Private Equity / Venture Capital
- On-going representation of medical device start-up companies including several rounds of angel and venture capital financing.
- On-going representation of a private equity fund in various transactions in the business services, media and telecommunications industries including fund formation and numerous acquisitions and dispositions.
- Represented a private equity fund in a combination of portfolio companies and related $195 million refinancing.
- Represented sellers in $100 million disposition of private equity-backed specialty packaging company.
- Represented a private equity fund as majority shareholder in the disposition of a medical device company to a U.S. public company.
- Represented a private equity-backed powdered metal company in the acquisition of a Mexican business.
- Acquisition by a private equity fund of an orthopedic implant manufacturer, representation of purchased company in several add-on acquisitions, and representation of sellers in sale of majority interest to another private equity fund.
- Representation of a start-up medical device manufacturer through first three rounds of equity financing, including sale of Series B Preferred Stock to two leading venture capital firms.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented an industry leading electronic waste recycler in company reorganization and recapitalization.
- Represented a U.K.-based precision optical components manufacturer in connection with U.S.-based acquisitions and transactions.
- On-going representation of U.S. subsidiaries of an Ireland based health services company.
- Represented a U.S. public company in $1.5 billion sale of division with operations in the U.S. and 17 foreign countries.
- Represented a Fortune 200 manufacturing company in the carve-out and disposition of a division with manufacturing operations in the U.S. and France.
- Represented a management team in the buy-out of a polymer manufacturing entity.
- Represented a plastic injection molding company in the acquisition of Mexican and Canadian subsidiaries.
- Acted as underwriter’s counsel in the purchase and sale of newly issued convertible, redeemable preferred stock of a Midwestern insurance company.
- Acted as issuer’s counsel in securitization of more than $1 billion worth of guaranteed and unguaranteed student loans.
- Represented a Fortune 250 company in connection with the issuance of euro- and yen- denominated notes.
- Represented a U.S. public company in tender offer and purchase of outstanding shares of another U.S. public company.
- Listed in Legal 500 in Merger and Acquisition, 2014, 2015, 2017 and 2018
- Euromoney/LMG Life Sciences, Life Sciences Star, Finance & Transactional, 2012 to 2016
- New York State Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- European-American Chamber of Commerce New York (EACCNY)
- University of Michigan, J.D., 1997
- The Johns Hopkins University, B.A., 1993,
Phi Beta Kappa
- New York
- North Carolina