Garrett D. Evers
Garrett is a partner in the firm's Corporate Transactions & Securities and Life Sciences practices, and chair of the International Committee.
He focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions; private equity and venture capital transactions; private placements of securities; securities offerings for publicly held companies; corporate organization and governance; state securities laws, and joint ventures and strategic alliances.
In his role as chair of the International Committee, Garrett oversees the firm’s international strategy and manages relationships with select law firms and business advisors in key jurisdictions around the world, including Africa, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom, among others.
Private Equity / Venture Capital
- On-going representation of medical device start-up companies including several rounds of angel and venture capital financing.
- On-going representation of a private equity fund in various transactions in the business services, media and telecommunications industries including fund formation and numerous acquisitions and dispositions.
- Represented a private equity fund in a combination of portfolio companies and related $195 million refinancing.
- Represented sellers in $100 million disposition of private equity-backed specialty packaging company.
- Represented a private equity fund as majority shareholder in the disposition of a medical device company to a U.S. public company.
- Represented a private equity-backed powdered metal company in the acquisition of a Mexican business.
- Acquisition by a private equity fund of an orthopedic implant manufacturer, representation of purchased company in several add-on acquisitions, and representation of sellers in sale of majority interest to another private equity fund.
- Representation of a start-up medical device manufacturer through first three rounds of equity financing, including sale of Series B Preferred Stock to two leading venture capital firms.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented an industry leading electronic waste recycler in company reorganization and recapitalization.
- Represented a U.K.-based precision optical components manufacturer in connection with U.S.-based acquisitions and transactions.
- On-going representation of U.S. subsidiaries of an Ireland based health services company.
- Represented a U.S. public company in $1.5 billion sale of division with operations in the U.S. and 17 foreign countries.
- Represented a Fortune 200 manufacturing company in the carve-out and disposition of a division with manufacturing operations in the U.S. and France.
- Represented a management team in the buy-out of a polymer manufacturing entity.
- Represented a plastic injection molding company in the acquisition of Mexican and Canadian subsidiaries.
- Acted as underwriter's counsel in the purchase and sale of newly issued convertible, redeemable preferred stock of a Midwestern insurance company.
- Acted as issuer's counsel in securitization of more than $1 billion worth of guaranteed and unguaranteed student loans.
- Represented a Fortune 250 company in connection with the issuance of euro- and yen- denominated notes.
- Represented a U.S. public company in tender offer and purchase of outstanding shares of another U.S. public company.
- Listed in Legal 500 in Merger and Acquisition, 2014, 2015, 2017 and 2018
- Euromoney/LMG Life Sciences, Life Sciences Star, Finance & Transactional, 2012 to 2016
- New York State Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- European-American Chamber of Commerce New York (EACCNY)