Chris is a partner in the firm’s real estate practice group. His experience focuses on representing banks, insurance companies and other financial institutions in commercial lending transactions. His experience encompasses matters in construction and permanent real estate financing, health care lending and complex construction financing involving multiple financing sources.
While attending law school, he served as a summer law clerk with a Cleveland-based law firm that handles creditor representation. He also worked as a research assistant at Case Western Reserve University School of Law where he researched developments in labor and employment. He has earned seven CALI awards and was a finalist in the Dunmore Moot Court Competition and received the Best Brief Award.
- "Open meetings and closed mouths: public employee's free speech rights after Garceti v. Ceballos," 61 Case Western Reserve Law Review, 551, 2011
- Included in the inaugural edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2021 for Banking and Finance Law
- Selected to the Ohio Rising Stars list, 2019-2021
- Case Western Reserve University Law Review, Managing Editor
- Jonathan M. Ault Mock Trial Team
- Moot Court Board
- Order of the Coif
- Order of Barristers
- Dean Dunmore Moot Court, Best Brief Award Competition Finalist
- Cleveland Professional 20/30 Club, Board of Directors, General Counsel
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, Adjunct Professor of Law (Mock Trial Coach)
- The Citizens League of Greater Cleveland, Executive Committee
April 02, 2020