Senior counsel in the firm’s Corporate Transactions & Securities practice group, Branwen represents both public and private companies in connection with mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and private equity and other strategic transactions, with consideration ranging from below ten million to multiple billions of dollars.
Branwen’s extensive experience includes representation of international and domestic clients in the healthcare, telecommunications, chemicals, technology, manufacturing and energy sectors.
Prior to joining Thompson Hine, Branwen was an associate in the corporate and financial services group of a New York-based international law firm.
- Represented a public company that manufactures and leases railcars in a sale transaction valued at approximately $1.75 billion (including debt)
- Represented a public company in the gaming and entertainment sector in a sale transaction for approximately $1.85 billion
- Represented the sellers of a railcar leasing business for a purchase price of up to $3.4 billion
- Represented the seller of a fiber-optic network business for a purchase price of $1.8 billion and the related grant of an option to purchase an entity owning wireless spectrum for an additional undisclosed purchase price
- Purchases of 10+ healthcare services businesses for a FTSE 250 European public company
- Numerous acquisitions, dispositions and strategic partnerships for a family office, including a carve-out and sale of a seismic technologies business to a Scandinavian public company for cash and securities having a value in excess of $250 million
- Numerous acquisitions, dispositions and investments for a private equity fund in in the telecommunications industry, including the sale of two portfolio companies for an aggregate purchase price in excess of $400 million
- “How Has COVID-19 Shaped the Transactional Insurance Markets?” Thompson Hine Business Law Update, Fall 2020
- “Navigating the ‘Gray Zone’: Stockholder Approval Requirements Under Section 271 of the Delaware General Corporate Law,” Thompson Hine Business Law Update, Winter 2018
- “Buy-Side Representation and Warranty Insurance in M&A Transactions – A Continuing Trend,” Thompson Hine Business Law Update, Summer 2016
- "Suetube: Web 2.0 and Copyright Infringement," Columbia Journal of Law and the Arts
- Listed in Legal 500, 2019
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts