Irving C. Apar
Practice Group Leader, Commercial and Public Finance
The leader of the firm's Commercial & Public Finance group and a partner in the Corporate Transactions & Securities group, Irv focuses his practice on domestic and international corporate trust matters.
For over 30 years, Irv has represented financial institutions serving in trustee and various other capacities in numerous transactions. His extensive experience includes global financings, corporate and municipal financings, TIA qualified and exempt financings, secured and unsecured debt transactions, securitizations, collateral agencies, private placements, project financings, administrative agencies and loan administration, preferred securities financings, escrows, insurance trusts, defaults, bankruptcies and restructurings, taxable and tax-exempt securities offerings, sale/leasebacks, equipment leases, mortgages and other conduit financings.
Irv represents numerous national and international banks, and routinely works with issuers, underwriters and their attorneys to structure financings and create documentation in the development of a variety of new finance and banking products.
Irv is a frequent speaker on corporate trust matters at client and industry events.
- “Marblegate Reversed: U.S. Second Circuit Clarifies Right to Payment Under Trust Indenture Act,” Thompson Hine Corporate Trust Update, January 2017
- “Latest Developments: Congress Decides Not to Amend Trust Indenture Act in Spending Bill,” Thompson Hine Corporate Trust Update, December 2015
- “Congress Considering Amendment to Trust Indenture Act in Context of Spending Bill,” Thompson Hine Corporate Trust Update, December 2015
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021 in the field of Banking and Finance Law
- American Bar Association
- Finance Law Advisory Board Member, Strafford Publications