Michael J. Nieberding
Mike is a partner in the firm's Intellectual Property practice group and a registered patent attorney. He focuses his practice on working to enhance the value clients obtain from their investments in the creation, protection and commercialization of intellectual property developments, including U.S. and foreign patent and trademark procurement; clearance of product designs and trademarks; patent and trademark infringement matters; and patent, software, technology and know-how licensing.
Computer software and systems relating to business processes and eCommerce, control systems, lasers and laser processes, analog and digital circuitry, printers, food machines, machine tools, product merchandising equipment, extrusion heads, pneumatic systems, gas turbine engine systems and components, and stormwater and waste water handling and treatment systems.
- Developing intellectual property protection programs and strategies for businesses.
- Advising companies in obtaining U.S. and foreign patent protection in emerging technology fields.
- Preparation of product development guidelines for manufacturers based upon analysis of competitive patent portfolios.
- Representation of businesses in patent and trademark infringement matters.
- Advising businesses in connection with intellectual property issues arising in the context of asset purchases, mergers, acquisitions and other business transactions.
- Representation of businesses in patent and technology licensing arrangements.
- "Willful Infringement After In Re Seagate," Cincinnati Bar Association Intellectual Property Litigation Section, November 2007
- "Intellectual Property – Is the Foundation Crumbling," Business Courier Panel Discussion, Cincinnati, June 2006
- "Conflict Issues In Intellectual Property," Best Patent Practices for 2006 Seminar sponsored by Thompson Hine LLP, December 2005
- "Festo-Estoppel by Amendment," Best Patent Prosecution Practices for 2005 Seminar sponsored by Thompson Hine LLP, Cincinnati, December 2004
- "Patent Prosecution in View of Festo," The Eleventh All-Ohio Annual Institute on Intellectual Property, October 2001
- "Preparing and Prosecuting Patent Applications for Computer-Related Inventions," 1998
- Selected for inclusion in 2005 Ohio Super Lawyers®
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Cincinnati Intellectual Property Law Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- MSCenter, board member, 2004 to 2008