Qualified Opportunity Zones: What Are They? What Benefits Do They Provide?
Date: March 12, 2019
Time: 2:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. EDT
Contact: Jacqueline Chavez, 404.407.3611 - Jacqueline.Chavez@ThompsonHine.com
A complimentary program presented by Thompson Hine LLP, Project Management Consultants LLC, Invest Atlanta and PNC Financial Services Group.
The February 14, 2019 IRS hearing on the October 2018 regulations has been held, and the regulations have been analyzed, answering many questions and providing guidance for those planning real estate projects in Opportunity Zones. In advance of additional sets of IRS guidance, now would be a good time to consider potential investments or starting your own fund or a fund with your partners. Our discussion will include actions to take in 2019 to maximize Opportunity Zone benefits.
Meet members of Invest Atlanta, PNC Financial Services Group and the Thompson Hine/Project Management Consultants Opportunity Zone Team, who will discuss:
- Tax benefits from the Opportunity Zone program
- Atlanta Opportunity Zones and related development incentives
- How to set up a Qualified Opportunity Zone Fund
- Details of the PNC OZ funds
- Using Opportunity Funds in real estate deals
Our speakers will include:
- Cassandra W. Borchers, Thompson Hine
- Francesco A. Ferrante, Thompson Hine
- Sherman Golden, Thompson Hine
- Dr. Eloisa Klementich, Invest Atlanta
- Tim McDonald, Thompson Hine
- Eddie Meyers, PNC Financial Services Group
- Christine N. Schneider, Thompson Hine
- Stephen B. Schrock, Thompson Hine
- Arik A. Sherk, Thompson Hine
- Courtney Smith, PNC Financial Services Group
Please plan to stay after the program for the opportunity to continue the conversation and network with other industry professionals during our cocktail reception.
2:30 – 3:00 p.m.
3:00 – 4:30 p.m.
4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
4th Floor Conference Center
Two Alliance Center
3560 Lenox Road NE
Cocktail reception will be held in Thompson Hine's offices on the 16th floor.
(complimentary parking provided)
Our Atlanta office is within walking distance of MARTA's Buckhead Station via the Red Line.
Please register online by March 10.