Preparing Your Business for the COVID-19 World: A Webinar Series – Session Four – M&A Transactions (RECORDING AVAILABLE)
Date: May 19, 2020
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. ET
Please join us for the fourth in a series of informative webinars that will examine issues to consider as we emerge from stay-at-home and shelter-in-place orders as well as issues facing businesses operating in the reality of a COVID-19 world.
Session Four - Forecasting, Negotiating and Closing M&A Transactions During and After COVID-19
- Forecasts of M&A activity in the second quarter of 2020, the rest of the year and beyond
- A general counsel’s perspective on the immediate and medium- and long-term challenges to deal-making
- Applicability of the “material adverse effect” clause and the ability to walk away from deals that are already signed
- Considerations in negotiating purchase agreements, including interim covenants, closing conditions and outside dates
- COVID-19’s other unanticipated effects on the deal process, including R&W insurance, access to records and post-closing transition
- April Miller Boise, Executive Vice President & General Counsel, Eaton Corporation
- Benjamin Marks, Director of Mergers & Acquisitions, BMO Capital Markets
- William M. Henry, Partner, Thompson Hine
- Tony Kuhel, Partner, Thompson Hine
- Emily A. Farinacci, Associate, Thompson Hine
Please click here to register and receive instructions on how to join the webinar.
CLE credit will be requested for these programs.