Transition: A Presidential Change - Session One - Trade Policy
Date: January 19, 2021
Time: 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. ET
Contact: Stacy Weiner, 202.263.4184
What will the new presidential administration look like in 2021? As President-elect Joe Biden prepares to take over the White House, we invite you to join us for a series of webinars that will examine what this shift in presidential power could mean for the country. The change of hands will likely spark significant changes affecting a wide range of government sectors, from U.S. trade to immigration. We will explore these potential changes and their consequences for U.S. businesses.
Session One – Impact of the 2020 Election on U.S. Trade Policy: Trump Transformation to Biden Restoration?
Addressing a key 2016 campaign promise, President Trump transformed decades of U.S. trade policy by weaponizing tariffs, ramping up enforcement and focusing on bilateral trade in goods. Will President-elect Biden continue any of these policies or attempt to restore the multilateral trade approach of past presidential administrations?
Please click here to register and receive instructions on how to join the webinar.
CLE credit will be requested.
Upcoming programs in this series (you must register separately for each):
- January 26 - Insights on Environmental Shifts Under the Biden Administration
- February 2 - Benefits Building Blocks for the Biden Administration
- February 9 - Will the Biden Administration Unwind Immigration Policy Implemented by the Trump Administration?
- February 16 - Back to the Future: Will Biden Take Us Back to the Obama-era NLRB?
- February 23 - Bridging the Gap in Your Capital Stack with New Markets Tax Credits
- March 2 - Practical Advice for Antirust and Privacy Compliance in the Biden Era