Curtis L. Tuggle
Curtis is a partner in the Business Restructuring, Creditors' Rights & Bankruptcy practice group. He focuses his practice on commercial and creditors' rights, bankruptcy (primarily Chapter 11 reorganizations), workouts, preference action litigation, commercial litigation, Uniform Commercial Code controversies and other commercial law cases including secured transactions. He has significant experience representing indenture trustees and secured lenders in major bankruptcy and cross-border insolvency proceedings and workouts.
- Representation of Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas, as indenture trustee in Su Casita Hipotecaria, S.A. de C.V. (Mexico).
- Representation of U.S. Bank National Association as master collateral agent in Solyndra, LLC (Delaware).
- Representation of U.S. Bank National Association as trustee in Western Mohegan Indian Tribe and Nation of New York (Illinois).
- Representation of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. as indenture trustee in Catalyst Paper Corporation, et al. (Delaware and Supreme Court of British Columbia).
- Representation of Law Debenture Trust Company of New York, as indenture trustee in Sino-Forest Corporation (Ontario).
- Representation of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. as indenture trustee in KH Funding Company (Maryland).
- Representation of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., as indenture trustee in Global Aviation Holdings, Inc. (Eastern District of New York).
- Representation of KeyBank National Association as administrative agent and senior secured lender in Schwab Industries, Inc., et al. (Ohio).
- Representation of KeyBank National Association in The Education Resources Institute, Inc. (Massachusetts).
- Representation of Bank of America, N.A. as administrative agent and senior secured lender in Concord Steel, Inc. (Ohio).
- Representation of secured lenders in out of court workouts involving real estate developers, construction companies, manufacturers, service providers and other entities.
- Representation of mechanic lienholders in chapter 11 and other insolvency proceedings.
- Representation of a Fortune 500 manufacturing company in connection with a multibillion-dollar contractual dispute related to several construction projects involving numerous vendors, contractors, subcontractors and related parties.
- Representation of a holding company and affiliated manufacturing companies in connection with secured party foreclosure and subsequent dissolution.
- Representation of a Fortune 500 real estate developer in connection with bankruptcy-related matters.
- Representation of Fortune 500 manufacturing companies in connection with substantial claims in various Chapter 11 proceedings throughout the United States.
- Creditor Committee Representation: Atlantic Metal Products, Inc. (District of New Jersey). Committee representation in the Chapter 11 case of a metal fabrication and processing company.
- Co-author (wth Andrew L. Turscak), "The Benefits Priority Cap of § 507(a)(5): Chalk One Up for Statutory Plain Meaning," The Bankruptcy Strategist, June 2008
Fourth Circuit Upholds Extension of U.S. Bankruptcy Code Protections to Intellectual Property Licensees in Chapter 15 Case - Business Restructuring, Creditors’ Rights & Bankruptcy Update
December 12, 2013
- "Basic Bankruptcy Litigation," National Business Institute, December 2007
- "New Creditor Strategies for Old Problems: Taking Advantage of the 2005 Bankruptcy Code Amendments," Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton and Cleveland, Spring 2006
- Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America, 2013 and 2014
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers, 2014
- Selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Ohio, 2011 to 2013
- Ohio Super Lawyer Rising Star (Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights), 2007 and 2013
- Ohio State Journal of Criminal Law, Outstanding Associate Editor, 2004
- The Ohio State University, Outstanding Undergraduate of the Year, 1999 and 2000