Does maintaining a place of business in the state trigger a notice filing (regardless of number of clients)?
OHIO. REV. CODE ANN. § 1707.141(A)(2)-(4)(2017)
What is the maximum number of clients adviser can have in the state without triggering a notice filing?
OHIO REV. CODE ANN. § 1707.141(A)(4)(2017)
What sorts of clients are not counted for purposes of determining whether to notice file?
- investment advisers as defined in the Investment Company Act of 1940,
- other investment advisers,
- licensed dealers,
- insurance companies and insuring corporations that are regulated in Ohio,
- employee benefit plans with assets not less than one million dollars,
- government agencies or instrumentalities, whether acting for themselves or with investment control,
- other institutional investors the Division may designate by rule.
OHIO REV CODE ANN. § 1707.141(A)(3)-(4)(2017)
Viewing of these pages does not establish an attorney-client relationship. The information above is informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. A lawyer should be consulted to confirm both applicability and any other issues that might affect or apply to your situation.