We stand ready to defend clients’ interests in all government enforcement proceedings and investigations. Our experience encompasses criminal and civil enforcement actions against individuals and companies (and their officers) in a broad range of industries.
- Representing a senior executive in a joint DOJ/SEC investigation of alleged FCPA violations in China by a publicly held manufacturing company.
- Defending in-house counsel and senior executives in a joint DOJ/SEC investigation of alleged FCPA violations in the Middle East by a publicly held manufacturing company.
- Representing a manager in a joint DOJ/SEC investigation of alleged FCPA violations in Nigeria by a foreign freight forwarder.
- Representing a privately held business accused of alleged FCPA violations in Eastern Europe.
- Defending individuals in joint DOJ/SEC insider trading investigations and prosecutions.
- Representing an international aviation manufacturer in an SEC investigation of its accounting practices.
- Representing an auto parts manufacturer’s audit committee in conducting an internal investigation of accounting practices and in negotiating a no-penalty SEC resolution.
- Defending a hedge fund accused by the SEC of market manipulation in the trading of shares of issuers involved in merger negotiations.
- Representing mutual fund board members in SEC investigations of mutual fund board oversight over investment advisers.
- Representing numerous companies and corporate officers in SEC fraud investigations.
- Representing a Japanese executive in a DOJ criminal auto parts industry antitrust price-fixing investigation.
- Representing pharmaceutical executives in a DOJ criminal antitrust price-fixing investigation.
- Representing a privately held manufacturing company in a DOJ criminal antitrust cartel investigation.
- Representing a national marketing executive in a DOJ criminal packaged ice industry antitrust price-fixing prosecution.
- Defending a fur business owner in a DOJ criminal worldwide fur pelt industry antitrust price-fixing investigation.
- Representing numerous chemical companies and corporate officers in federal criminal and civil environmental enforcement investigations.
- Representing privately held businesses and crew members of ocean-going tankers in separate federal criminal investigations and prosecutions of illegal discharges of oily wastes.
- Defending a publicly held international oil drilling equipment company in a DOJ criminal export controls investigation.
- Defending a publicly held company and a privately held company in separate criminal government contracts fraud investigations involving U.S. Army Corps of Engineers projects.
- Representing a major foreign bank in multiple federal CAFRA forfeiture actions.
- Defending a Russian businessman in a multi-million dollar federal money laundering forfeiture action; all seized funds were returned.
- Representing an industry consulting firm in a congressional investigation of alleged “science for sale” in industry-funded studies on health effects.
- Representing a pharmaceutical company in a congressional committee investigation of NIH grant-making practices.
DOJ Criminally Charges Executives for Failure to Timely Report Under CPSA - Government Enforcement/CPSC Update
April 09, 2019