- Representing the audit committee of a large multinational company in the investigation of allegations of improper payments to foreign officials.
- Conducting audits and risk assessments for potential FCPA compliance issues for multinational corporations.
- Developing and implementing antibribery policies and procedures, including conducting compliance training.
- Conducting internal investigations into potential FCPA violations in response to whistleblower reports and grand jury subpoenas.
- Representing current and former executives of public companies under investigation for FCPA violations by DOJ and SEC. These matters also included representation of a former executive in an SEC examination conducted under the auspices of the Australia Securities and Investment Commission.
- Advising manufacturing clients on international distribution issues, including compliance with the FCPA and foreign laws prohibiting bribery and corruption in connection with the purchase or sale of goods and preparation of appropriate contract language in distribution and agency agreements.
- Representing individuals in internal corporate investigations of potential FCPA violations.
- Advising domestic and multinational companies on FCPA compliance, as well as in regard to suspect payments outside the scope of the FCPA.
- Counseling clients with respect to the FCPA implications of M&A transactions.