Our land use lawyers assist in resolving the complex environmental issues that touch upon virtually every development project. We call on experienced lawyers in our Environmental practice group to analyze and respond to regulatory issues involving wetlands, cleanup standards, underground storage tanks and closure of regulated operations.
Our lawyers have:
- Performed due diligence (often involving Phase I and Phase II environmental site assessments), negotiation and strategic planning with respect to environmental issues in corporate and real estate acquisitions and sales involving the leveraged buyout of a highway construction and chemical manufacturer with more than 70 facilities in 25 states.
- Represented a municipality in connection with its purchase of a former Air Force property. We assisted the city in negotiations with the Air Force regarding applicable cleanup standards for contamination at the property.
- Assisted a redevelopment entity in addressing regulatory issues arising from various radioactive materials in the conversion of a government nuclear defense facility to civilian industrial/commercial park use.
- Advised numerous developers in taking advantage of the Ohio Voluntary Action Program (and associated financing/tax increment financing programs) in support of their plans to convert existing manufacturing land uses to light industrial, commercial, warehouse or residential developments.
- Supported property owners and lenders with environmental issues as they have worked through their strategies to develop or dispose of distressed properties.