Administrative Law & Regulatory Compliance
In civil, criminal and administrative law matters, we provide experienced counsel and advocacy to clients concerning their compliance obligations under local, state and federal laws. In addition to helping them obtain permits in a timely fashion, we effectively defend them in enforcement actions and advise them on practical ways to comply. In all such matters, we can customize client-specific approaches to manage and allocate risk.
We guide clients in developing effective and cost-efficient business solutions, and we are adept in avoiding or resolving the many conflicts that can arise in the face of complex and challenging regulations that impact oil and gas well permitting and other mining activities.
Administrative Law & Regulatory Compliance: Additional Information
We help our clients navigate a sea of federal, state and local programs that regulate:
- Shale development and natural gas collection and transportation systems
- Oil and gas production
- Surface coal mining (including reclamation of surface coal mines)
- Air pollution emissions
- Point and nonpoint-source water pollution discharges
- Generation, storage, treatment and disposal of hazardous waste
- Transportation and storage of hazardous materials
- Installation and operation of underground injection wells, underground storage tanks and surface impoundments
- Groundwater protection
- Emergency response, Superfund and air quality issues (under the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act, Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act, and Title III of the Clean Air Act)
- Siting, installation and operation of solid waste facilities