Compliance Check 2020
Date: January 15, 2019
Welcome to the first in our series of monthly publications that will help you perform a self-assessment of your company’s compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
January is the perfect time to take a fresh look at your employment policies and handbook. Here are some policies to which you should pay particular attention:
EEO & Harassment
- Does your company disseminate to employees an equal employment opportunity (EEO) statement that applies to all aspects of employment?
- Is your EEO statement consistent with state law?
- Is your anti-harassment policy #MeToo ready and state law compliant?
Wage & Hour
- Do your policies accurately reflect federal and state minimum wage and overtime requirements?
- Do your policies reflect state pay equity requirements?
- Do your policies accurately reflect state and local paid sick and safe leave and paid family leave requirements?
- Is your parental leave policy non-discriminatory?
- Has your Family and Medical Leave Act policy grown with your company?
EHS, Marijuana & Privacy
- Are your safety and drug-testing policies consistent with new OSHA regulations and state laws?
- Do your policies appropriately address the legal morass of marijuana in the workplace?
- Are your policies compliant with new biometric data laws?