Anthony C. White
Tony is a member of Thompson Hine's Executive Committee and served as Columbus Partner-in-Charge from June 2005 to November 2014. He focuses his practice on complex business litigation with an emphasis in employment and transportation/trucking litigation. Tony has been lead counsel on numerous complex federal and state litigations involving contract disputes and employment matters, including all varieties of discrimination claims.
He also leads the Thompson Hine Motor Carrier Emergency Response Team, amassing a great deal of experience defending trucking companies in major accident litigation.
Tony has extensive experience litigating labor and employment matters. He serves as national labor and employment counsel for R+L Carriers, the largest privately held trucking company in the United States. In that role, Tony has litigated labor and employment cases such as FLSA class actions and alleged wrongful termination under Title VII, the ADA, the FMLA, the ADEA, and many others. Tony's labor and employment litigation experience includes multiple matters in California, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Michigan, Wisconsin, Texas, Tennessee, Oregon, Kansas, Georgia, Washington, New York and Ohio.
- Litigation Star by Benchmark Litigation, 2015 to 2020
- Selected for the 2012 Multicultural Leadership Award of Ohio by National Diversity Council
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers by Ohio Super Lawyers magazine, 2012 to 2019
- Listed in The Best Lawyers of America, 2011 to 2020; recognized in Best Lawyers 2017 Lawyer of the Year
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Big Ten Anti-Hate and Anti-Racism Coalition, Member
- Recreation Unlimited, volunteer
- United Way of Central Ohio, Board of Trustees
- United Way of Central Ohio, chairman, Building Vibrant Neighborhoods Impact Council
- Television color commentator for Atlantic 10 Conference basketball games for Time Warner Cable SportsChannel
- Basketball commentator for 610WTVN AM
- Marburn Academy, board member
- American Arbitration Association's Central Ohio Commercial Advisory Council
- Big Ten Conference Advisory Commission, Member As The Representative For The Ohio State University
- The Ohio State University Men's Varsity O Board, Board of Trustees, Member
- The Ohio State University Alumni Advisory Council, Representative to the Office of the Vice President of Health Services
- The Ohio State University Hospital Board, Citizen Member