Aaron is senior counsel in the firm’s Corporate Transactions & Securities practice group. He focuses his practice on general corporate and business matters, with a concentration in government relations and finance.
With a law practice spanning nearly 30 years, Aaron has advised clients on a broad range of corporate and business law issues as a member of other Atlanta-area firms. In 2000, he formed his own firm, enabling him to balance counseling a diverse spectrum of businesses, individuals and organizations with dedicating more of his time to public service.
Active in the Atlanta community for many years, Aaron until recently served as a member of the Atlanta City Council. He has held leadership positions with several civic boards and other public-sector and nonprofit organizations and devoted a great deal of time to addressing issues related to education, transportation, housing and public safety. He also was an elected member of the Atlanta Board of Education for eight years, five of which he served as president.
An illustrative sampling of Aaron’s experience includes:
- Counseling a university on a structural reorganization.
- Advising universities on real property development matters.
- Representing nonprofit organizations in public-private partnerships with government entities.
- Counseling charter schools and government service providers on privatization.
- Advising schools on strategic planning issues.
- Counseling a national construction company on real estate and general corporate matters.
- Advising an architecture, engineering and planning firm on a joint venture with a major international airport.
- Representing a national furniture leasing company in connection with matters related to leasing of its franchise stores.
- AV® Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in the 2018 List of Georgia’s Most Influential Politically-Connected Attorneys by James Magazine, 2018
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Gate City Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Association
- Atlanta City Council, former Post 2 At-Large Councilmember
- Atlanta Housing Authority Board of Commissioners, former member
- Atlanta Board of Education, former member and president
- Piedmont Park Conservancy, board member and past president
- Atlanta Bicycle Coalition, honorary board member
- Fort McPherson Implementing Local Redevelopment Authority, board member