George J. Walsh III
George is a partner in the firm's Real Estate and Corporate Transactions & Securities practice groups. He has more than 40 years' experience in real estate law. George's national, regional and local practice includes all aspects of purchasing, selling, leasing and financing commercial properties. He has represented a wide cross-section of retailers. His clients include large national chains, department store anchor tenants and big box mass merchandisers.
George's experience in the shopping center industry has earned him a reputation for both his business acumen and his ability to handle difficult or complicated transactions. A skilled negotiator with solid people skills and industry-wide contacts, he is particularly adept at guiding challenging deals through to successful closing. George has been active with the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) for more than three decades. His experience includes:
- Current chairperson of the Legal Advisory Council to the ICSC General Counsel
- Co-chairperson of the ICSC Law Conference, 1991 and 1992
- Co-chairperson of the New York Law Symposium, 1999 and 2000
- Past member of the inaugural ICSC Law Committee
- ICSC Law Conference Planning Committee member for more than 20 years
- Lecturer, panel moderator, group leader at numerous ICSC events
George has been a lecturer on commercial leasing matters at Practicing Law Institute (PLI) and ICSC programs.
Since 1995, George has served as a director of Chemed Corporation, a NYSE-listed company headquartered in Cincinnati. He has served as chairman of the Compensation/Incentive Committee, Chairman of the Nominating Committee, and is a member of the Board's Executive Committee. In 2009, he was elected chairman of the Board and continues to serve in that capacity.
- International Council of Shopping Centers Distinguished Service Award, 2007
- Selected for inclusion in New York Super Lawyers magazine for Real Estate, 2006 to 2012 and 2014
- American Arbitration Association National Roster of Neutrals
- Member of the New York State Bar Association in both the Real Property Law Section and the Dispute Resolution Section
- Member of the Bar Association of the City of New York
- School of Shopping Center Law for the University of Shopping Centers, The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, dean, 2008
- School of Shopping Center Law for the University of Shopping Centers, The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, associate dean, 2007
- The First National Bank of Long Island, Business Advisory Board, 2007 to present
- Clarkson University, School of Arts & Sciences, Advisory Council, 2007 to present