- Defending recycling companies pursued under CERCLA by state governments and or private entities.
- Advising recycling companies and industrial manufacturers on operational strategies to mitigate waste management-related liabilities under CERCLA, RCRA, and state law.
- Assisting clients with Brownfield projects in several states.
- Advising manufacturing clients on CWA stormwater permitting obligations.
- Assisting with industrial clients’ remedial obligations at CERCLA and RCRA sites.
- Counseling electric vehicle clients on compliance with CAA and CARB mobile source requirements.
- While at the State, defended Ohio EPA NPDES permit terms in manufacturing entities’ administrative appeals of such terms.
- Assisting large manufacturing clients in complying with pretreatment permits, including retaining consultants to analyze wastewater treatment equipment and propose strategies for more cost-effective compliance moving forward.
- Defending large manufacturing clients against notices of violation related to pretreatment permits.
- Helping clients assess and manage remedial obligations related to wastewater at federal and state cleanup sites.
- Counseling clients regarding pretreatment and NPDES permit compliance generally.
- Defending clients against Clean Water Act citizen suits related to NPDES permit and stormwater permit compliance issues.
- Conducted analysis of client’s 19 facilities across the U.S. using EPA’s EJScreen tool.
- Consistently analyze clients’ environmental justice risks and opportunities by utilizing EPA’s EJScreen tool in combination with other EPA, state and local environmental resources.
- Track environmental justice activity at the federal level to assist clients in strategic evaluation of potential impacts on their operations, including assessing newly released EPA guidance and advising clients on potential impacts.
- “Legal Challenges to Just-Published WOTUS Rule Begin,” Thompson Hine Environmental Update, January 2023
- “EPA and Army Seek to Reset WOTUS Rule Regulatory Framework Before Sackett Ruling,” Thompson Hine Environmental Update, January 2023
- Thompson Hine Mobility Matters Quarterly – December 2022
- “DOJ Unveils Comprehensive EJ Strategy and Revives SEPs,” Thompson Hine Environmental Update, May 2022
- “EPA Issues More Stringent Light-Duty Vehicle Greenhouse Gas Emissions Standards for Model Years 2023-2026,” Thompson Hine Mobility Matters Quarterly, January 2022
- “California Bans Gas-Powered Small Off-Road Engines,” Thompson Hine Mobility Matters Quarterly, January 2022
- Co-author, “A Time to Reflect: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Impact On Environmental Law,” New York Law Journal, March 17, 2021
- “SCOTUS Rules Certain Indirect Discharges Require CWA Permit,” Thompson Hine Environmental Update, April 2020
- “U.S. EPA and Army Corps Publish Final WOTUS Rule,” Thompson Hine Environmental Update, April 2020
- “Muddied Waters: Sixth Circuit Rejects Expansion of CWA Jurisdiction,” Thompson Hine Environmental Update, October 2018
- “Fourth Circuit Holds CWA Regulates Indirect Discharges from Ground Water to Navigable Surface Waters,” Thompson Hine Environmental Update, April 2018
- Co-author (with Dr. Michael J. Burton), “The Emergence of Voter Targeting,” Political Marketing in the U.S., 2014
- “Regulatory Update – The First 100 Days: Environmental Law in the Biden Administration,” ASC Regulatory Affairs Update, April 2021
- “Insights on Environmental Shifts Under the Biden Administration,” Thompson Hine Webinar, January 2021
- “A Special Tribute: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Impact on the Legal Profession and Environmental Law,” Thompson Hine Environmental L.A.W.S. Podcast, November 2020
- “Environmental Compliance in a COVID-19 World: Best Practices and Risk Mitigation Strategies,” Thompson Hine Webinar, June 2020
- “Prioritize, Incentivize, Revitalize: U.S. EPA’s Ongoing Quest to Reform the Superfund Program,” Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, July 2018
- Received a 2022 and 2023 Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Environmental Law; included in the inaugural edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Environment Law
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, 2013
- Ohio State Bar Association, Environmental Committee, subcommittee co-chair
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Environmental, Energy and Natural Resources Section, Vice Chair (2017-2018)
- DRI Women in the Law Section, Webcast, Teleconference, and Podcast Subcommittee, Vice Chair (2018)
- Downtown Cleveland Residents Association, Governance Committee Member (2017-2018)
- Legal Aid Society of Columbus
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2014,
I/S: A Journal of Law and Policy for the Information Society, executive editor (2013-2014), staff editor (2012-2013)
- Ohio University, M.P.A, 2011
- Ohio University, B.A., 2009, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Legal Challenges to Just-Published WOTUS Rule Begin,
Environmental Update, January 23, 2023
- EPA and Army Seek to Reset WOTUS Rule Regulatory Framework Before Sackett Ruling,
Environmental Update, January 18, 2023
- Mobility Matters Quarterly – December 2022,
Mobile Source Emissions & Vehicle Safety Update, December 2022
- DOJ Unveils Comprehensive EJ Strategy and Revives SEPs,
Environmental Update, May 23, 2022
- Mobility Matters Quarterly – April 2022,
Mobile Source Emissions & Vehicle Safety Update, April 2022
- Mobility Matters Quarterly – January 2022,
Mobile Source Emissions & Vehicle Safety Update, January 24, 2022
- A Time To Reflect: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Impact on Environmental Law,
New York Law Journal, March 17, 2021
- Chemical Industry Regulatory Update – September 2020,
A Newsletter from The Adhesive and Sealant Council and Thompson Hine LLP, September 4, 2020
- Chemical Industry Regulatory Update – June 2020,
A Newsletter from The Adhesive and Sealant Council and Thompson Hine LLP, June 11, 2020
- SCOTUS Rules Certain Indirect Discharges Require CWA Permit,
Environmental Update, April 30, 2020