Christine N. Schneider
Chris is senior counsel in the Real Estate practice group. Chris’s practice primarily involves representing real estate developers in connection with acquiring, financing and developing real property for apartment and condominium use, representing homebuilders and property sellers in residential development transactions, and representing both landlords and tenants in leasing transactions. She has experience negotiating and preparing covenants, restrictions and easement agreements required for the successful development and subsequent operation of residential, mixed-use and transit oriented developments. Chris also has extensive experience representing lenders and borrowers in connection with problem loans and distressed real estate, and has worked extensively with financial institutions in matters related to the disposition of REO properties and the sale of loan portfolios comprised of both secured and unsecured loans.
Over the past few years, a significant amount of her practice has involved lease restructurings and amendments. She also regularly handles all matters related to real estate involved in wind farms and solar energy projects.
In addition, Chris has represented large financial institutions in connection with the negotiation and closing of syndicated loans secured by accounts receivable, inventory, equipment, real estate and aircraft. Her work on asset-based lending transactions has included both syndicated and single lender facilities, and she has experience representing the agent and the co-lenders.
A sampling of Chris’s recent experience includes:
- Represented a multifamily housing developer in connection with the acquisition of properties throughout the United States
- Represented a multifamily housing borrower in connection with mezzanine and construction loan financing for apartment developments throughout the United States
- Represented a multifamily housing developer in connection with the $50,000,000 construction financing of a high-rise condominium
- Represented a multifamily housing developer in connection with the acquisition and development of various tracts of real property located in Metro Atlanta for multifamily rental housing use
- Representation of governmental entities, authorities, and other similar entities in connection with broad real estate needs
- Represented a multifamily housing developer in connection with the acquisition of real property in St. Simons Island, Georgia for the development of a 42-unit condominium project
- Drafted and negotiated loan portfolio sale agreements for two well-known lenders, and closed the sales of these loan portfolios
- Drafted and negotiated real estate sales contracts for the sale of properties acquired by lenders through foreclosure, and closed the purchase money financing and sale of these properties
- Lead borrower’s counsel for a publicly traded REIT in connection with negotiating and closing multiple real estate-secured loans
- Lead borrower's counsel in connection with real estate portfolio acquisition involving assumption of 23 loans
- Handled commercial real estate leasing of real property for the installation and operation of cellular communication towers
- Co-Presenter, “Legal Lens: Real Estate Implications of COVID-19,” CoreNet Global, Atlanta Chapter, April 2020
- Panelist: Beyond #MeToo: Practical Advice for Combating Sexual Harassment in Our Workplaces, Our Profession and Beyond (Ms. JD Conference, UCLA Law School, March 2018).
- AV® Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Named in Legal 500 United States (Real Estate), 2015
- Atlanta Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Brown University Club of Georgia, Treasurer
- Actor's Express Theatre, Vice Chair/VP
- Community Friendship, Inc. – Advisory Board Member, 1993-present
- Woodruff Women’s Giving Circle Committee Member
- CoreNet Diversity in Action Committee Member