Joyce is an associate in the International Trade practice group. She has experience with economic sanctions, export controls, import regulations, anti-bribery laws and related corporate compliance programming. Recently, this has included investigating and responding to a subpoena from U.S. Department of Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), as well as classification analyses on imports and exports under the U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), and the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security’s Export Administration Regulations, respectively.
Prior to joining the firm, Joyce served as an associate at a boutique international trade law firm in Washington, DC where she supported the firm's sanctions and export compliance and white-collar defense practices. Prior to obtaining her LL.M. in International Law from The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, she practiced law as a business litigator in Miami, Florida, representing large financial institutions and other corporate clients at all stages of litigation in state and federal courts.
- "BIS Publishes Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to Identify and Review Controls on Foundational Technologies: What's Next?", Thompson Hine International Trade Update, September 2020
- “President Trump Signs the Hong Kong Autonomy Act and Issues Executive Order on Hong Kong Normalization,” Thompson Hine International Trade Update, July 2020
- “Departments of State, Commerce, Homeland Security and the Treasury Caution Businesses Regarding Human Rights Abuses in Xinjiang,” Thompson Hine International Trade Update, July 2020
- “COVID-19 Mitigation May Trigger New Tech Export Restrictions,” Law360, June 2020
- “INSIGHT: Companies Must Prioritize Anti-Bribery Compliance During the Pandemic,” Bloomberg Law, May 2020
- "Petitions by Vehicle Producers for Alternative Staging Regime for Compliance with USMCA Rules of Origin for Automotive Goods Due to USTR by July 1," Thompson Hine International Trade Update, April 2020
- “OFAC Issues Fact Sheet on Providing Humanitarian Aid to Combat COVID-19 Under Various Sanctions Programs,” Thompson Hine COVID-19 Update, April 2020
- “Government Measures Worldwide in Response to COVID-19,” Thompson Hine COVID-19 Update, April 2020
- "FEMA Announces Export Restrictions on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)," Thompson Hine COVID-19 Update, April 2020
- Author, "Resolving Legal Claims Between the United States and Cuba: Applying International Law Where Diplomacy Falls Short," South Carolina Journal of International Law & Business, 2017
- Director, Village Rights International
June 05, 2020