- Advise and represent electric utilities, marketers and developers in matters relating to regulated rates and services, including open access transmission tariff issues, market-based rate authorizations, standards of conduct compliance, exempt wholesale generator determinations, purchase and sale of jurisdictional assets, audit and fuel procurement reviews, rulemakings, contract preparation and negotiation, and industry restructuring generally.
- Advise and represent local natural gas distribution companies in interstate pipeline tariff, certificate, abandonment and rulemaking compliance proceedings, as well as in matters involving direct FERC regulation of client services, by-pass, supply procurement, facilities acquisition, asset portfolio management and jurisdictional determinations.
- Advise and represent interstate natural gas pipelines in proceedings involving pipeline rates and services, certificates of public convenience and necessity, abandonment of facilities and services, rulemaking compliance, jurisdictional determinations and enforcement.
- Advise and represent hydroelectric owners and developers in exemption, preliminary permit, and licensing proceedings, jurisdictional determinations, dam safety and headwater benefits determinations, and enforcement matters.
- D.C. Bar Environment, Energy & Natural Resources Section
- American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy and Resources
- Energy Bar Association
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Environment & Energy Committee, 2007 to 2008
- University of Michigan, J.D., 1973
- Oberlin College, B.A., 1970, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court