George B. Musekamp
Pro Bono Committee
George is a partner in the Business Litigation and Labor and Employment practice groups. He has experience in a wide range of substantive litigation matters. In particular, George’s practice focuses on commercial contract disputes, real estate and construction disputes, defending employers from claims of discrimination and retaliation, enforcement of employment agreements, and protection of trade secret information.
George is also active in the firm's pro bono practice through the Volunteer Lawyer Project. Prior to joining the firm, he served as a law clerk for Judge Joseph H. McKinley of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky.
While he attended law school, George served as a judicial extern for Judge Michael R. Barrett and Judge Timothy S. Black of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
- Assisted in the defense of alleged breach of turn back provisions of a commercial lease.
- Represented commercial real estate developer in takings claim against the City of Bellevue, Kentucky and breach of contract.
- Represented commercial real estate developer from claims by the City of Cincinnati relating to alleged violations of the Vacated Building Maintenance License standards and public nuisance.
- Assisted in obtaining jury verdict in favor of pipe manufacturer for breach of contract against supplier of heat treat equipment.
- Obtained successful verdict for client following bench trial on claims of breach of purchase orders.
- Obtained Order for sale of commercial property following failure to convey.
- Obtained complete reversal in Ohio First District Court of Appeals and Ohio Supreme Court from verdict in favor of Plaintiff on claim of wrongful termination in violation of public policy.
- Obtained reversal in Ohio Twelfth District Court of Appeals relating to enforcement of non-competition agreement.
- Obtained award on behalf of beneficiaries from trustee for breach of trust provisions and Ohio trust code.
- Successfully obtained temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction order on behalf of numerous clients to prevent theft of trade secret information, violation of non-competition agreements, and solicitation of customers and employees.
- Defended automobile dealership from claims asserted under the Ohio Consumer Sales Practices Act.
- Obtained complete dismissal of claims against law firm for legal malpractice involving Lehman Brothers bankruptcy.
- Defended business from tort claims stemming from alleged slip and fall.
- Defended several clients from claims of discrimination, failure to accommodate, wrongful termination, and FMLA interference.
- Assisted in arbitration under the AAA to determine breach of contract issues relating to sale of company.
- Selected for inclusion in Ohio Super Lawyers® as a Rising Star, 2018-2020
- Venue Magazine Great Leaders Under 40, 2017
- Cincinnati Bar Association, member
- Ohio Bar Association, member
- American Cancer Society, Cincinnati Golf Classic, Executive Committee Member, 2012
- Cincinnati Zoo Ambassador Council, 2015 - present
- American Cancer Society Relay for Life Chairman and Emcee, 2014
Thompson Hine Elects New PartnersThompson Hine LLP
January 23, 2020