Tasha is an associate in the firm’s Environmental practice. She provides environmental counseling on business, regulatory and legislative matters; defends clients’ interests in environmental enforcement actions; and advises on compliance with environmental regulations including CERCLA and RCRA.
Before joining the firm, Tasha was an Assistant Attorney General in the Water Division of the Ohio Attorney General’s Office’s Environmental Enforcement Section, where she represented the Ohio EPA in civil enforcement cases and administrative appeals. Prior to that, as a William B. Saxbe Fellow in the Environmental Enforcement Section, she participated as counsel before the Ohio Environmental Review Appeals Commission and the Oil and Gas Commission on a variety of cases in different areas of environmental law, and interacted regularly with various state-level policy makers.
- “Muddied Waters: Sixth Circuit Rejects Expansion of CWA Jurisdiction,” Thompson Hine Environmental Update, October 2018
- “Fourth Circuit Holds CWA Regulates Indirect Discharges from Ground Water to Navigable Surface Waters,” Thompson Hine Environmental Update, April 2018
- Co-author (with Dr. Michael J. Burton), “The Emergence of Voter Targeting,” Political Marketing in the U.S., 2014
- “Prioritize, Incentivize, Revitalize: U.S. EPA's Ongoing Quest to Reform the Superfund Program,” Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, July 2018
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, 2013
- Ohio State Bar Association, Environmental Committee, subcommittee co-chair
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Environmental, Energy and Natural Resources Section, Vice Chair (2017-2018)
- DRI Women in the Law Section, Webcast, Teleconference, and Podcast Subcommittee, Vice Chair (2018)
- Downtown Cleveland Residents Association, Governance Committee Member (2017-2018)
- Legal Aid Society of Columbus