Jean-Luc is a member of the firm’s Environmental practice group. He researches regulatory, legislative and business matters to provide insights on how clients can comply with environmental laws and regulations and how they can defend themselves from environmental enforcement actions.
During law school, Jean-Luc served as a legal intern for the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) and as a legal extern for Region 5 of the United States Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA). He also worked as staff editor for NYU’s Environmental Law Journal and as communications director for NYU’s chapter of the Black Allied Law Students Association (BALSA).
After graduating from law school, Jean-Luc joined the Environmental Law & Policy Center (ELPC) as an associate attorney and later advanced to staff attorney. His work with ELPC encompassed appearances before state and federal trial and appellate courts, including the Michigan Court of Appeals and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, on matters concerning both energy and environmental law. Jean-Luc also provided counsel in retail energy matters before state public utility commissions, including the Illinois Commerce Commission, the Iowa Utilities Board, the Michigan Public Service Commission, the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio and the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin.
Jean-Luc is not admitted to practice in Ohio. He is admitted to practice only in Illinois.
- Clean Water Act Litigation: Environmental Law and Policy Center, et al., v. United States Environmental Protection Agency, et al.
- Moderator, “Clean Water Act Permitting and Enforcement,” Chicago Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section Environmental Law Committee, February 2020
- Moderator, “Modern Water Law & Legal Developments in the Great Lakes,” Chicago Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section Environmental Law Committee, February 2019
- Speaker, “The Bare Necessities: How Utilities Can Recover Costs Through Michigan’s Certificate of Necessity Process,” Chicago Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section Environmental Law Committee, April 2018
- Moderator, “Legal Roundtable on Environmental Citizens’ Suits and Enforcement,” Environmental Law & Policy Center, July 2017
- Chicago Bar Association, 2018-2020
- Chapter member, Sons of the American Revolution, 2019-present
- Vice chair, Young Lawyers Section Environmental Law Committee, Chicago Bar Association, 2018-2020