Matthew is an associate in the firm's Business Restructuring, Creditors’ Rights & Bankruptcy practice group. He focuses his practice on complex commercial transactions, workouts and bankruptcy matters.
Prior to joining Thompson Hine, Matthew served for two years as a law clerk to Judge Arthur I. Harris of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Ohio. He conducted legal research, prepared motion and pretrial dockets and drafted orders, opinions and memoranda on bankruptcy, financial and civil law issues.
While in law school, Matthew was a summer associate at a small Cleveland-based law firm, where he assisted with the preparation of business formation documents, conversion filings and management agreements and drafted motions, proposed orders and other court filings. Matthew also gained in-house experience serving as a law clerk at a large shopping center development and management company and as a legal extern with a multinational network infrastructure provider.
- "Colorado Bankruptcy Judge Kicks Cannabis Debtor Out of Court," Thompson Hine Cannabis Practice Update, January 2021
- “‘You’ Really Means ‘You’: Ohio Supreme Court Reaffirms Contract Interpretation Principles for Cognovit Notes,” Thompson Hine Business Restructuring, Creditors’ Rights & Bankruptcy Update, December 2020
- "3 Bankruptcy Rulings Highlight Barriers For Pot-Adjacent Cos.," Law360, November 5, 2020
- "Are We All Fiduciaries Now? Consent Rights After Pace Industries," Pratt's Journal of Bankruptcy Law, Fall 2020
- “Minority Shareholders Beware: Consent Rights May Trigger Fiduciary Duties,” Thompson Hine Business Law Update, Fall 2020
- “Risk Mitigation in Supply Chain Contracts: Critical Vendor, Reclamation and Pipeline Claims,” Thompson Hine COVID-19 Update, May 2020
• Order of the Coif
• CALI Award for Excellence in Business Litigation
• CALI Award for Excellence in Bankruptcy Law
• CALI Award for Excellence in Environmental Law
• CALI Award for Excellence in Legal Writing
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- 3Rs Program, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, 2017-present
- Lawyer on the Line, Wake Forest University School of Law Pro Bono Project, 2016-2017
- Lawyer to Lawyer Mentoring Program, Supreme Court of Ohio
November 09, 2020