E.J. focuses on patent and other intellectual property strategy, protection, counseling, diligence, licensing, and transactional matters. He also helps clients as they address legal concerns and compliance risks arising from the creation and deployment of artificial intelligence and other emerging technologies.
He works with clients ranging from startups to multinational corporations to create and manage comprehensive IP programs consistent with their business and strategic objectives.
E.J.’s extensive experience includes obtaining patent protection related to innovations in software, artificial intelligence, neural networks, image processing, analytics, telecommunications, mesh networks, e-commerce, television, webcasting, virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) and other computer-related technologies. He also advises on patent issues involving medical devices, textiles and wood-working and other mechanical technologies.
- For a top 25 global corporation, E.J. managed, prepared, and prosecuted hundreds of patent applications relating to artificial intelligence, computer vision, and other software technologies.
- For a top 100 digital company, E.J. managed, prepared, and prosecuted hundreds of patent applications related to software technologies, including managing patent portfolios in-house during a secondment.
- For numerous technology companies of various sizes, E.J. has provided counsel regarding IP strategy and helped develop robust patent portfolios.
- For numerous startup technology companies, E.J. has provided counsel regarding IP strategy and obtained patent protection for key competitive technologies.
- Advised numerous clients regarding technology-based legal concerns arising in transactional matters.
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2020, 2021 in the field of Patent Law
- Georgia Bar Association, Patent Committee
- Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO), Software and Business Methods Committee