Tarnetta is a lawyer who fully understands what it’s like to be a client.
As a member of the firm’s Commercial & Public Finance practice group, Tarnetta focuses on finance transactions with an emphasis on leveraged, investment grade, asset-based, working capital and acquisition finance. She represents financial institutions, lenders, private equity and hedge fund sponsors, and public and private issuers and borrowers in secured and unsecured, syndicated and bilateral, revolving and term lending transactions. Tarnetta also assists clients with a wide range of general corporate matters.
Prior to joining Thompson Hine, she founded a legal and strategic services firm, where she served as general counsel to C-suite executives in multinational financial institutions, entrepreneurs, startup founders and investors. Serving as a highly valued member of their teams has cultivated a deep appreciation of the commercial and personal needs of her clients, which she carries into her current work as a transactional lawyer.
Tarnetta’s experience includes working on transactions in a variety of industries, including financial services, manufacturing, computer software and hardware, education, retail, telecommunications and media.
In addition to her skills handling sophisticated deals, Tarnetta is also known as a connector. Clients frequently comment on how she goes beyond the technical practice of law to serve as a resource by helping them both personally and professionally. As someone who genuinely cares about others, she is known as a great listener who acts as a mentor to many of the firm’s associates and who goes out of her way to support the people in her network whenever possible.
Representative matters from Tarnetta’s previous firms include:
- Representation of the agents and bank syndicate members in a $1.32 billion senior secured credit facility for a leading domestic energy provider
- Representation of a hedge fund sponsor in a $1.225 billion senior secured credit facility in connection with the acquisition of a multinational music publishing company
- Representation of the agent and bank syndicate member in various financings to facilitate restructuring of more than $650 million in debt for a global automotive supplier
- Representation of the agent and bank syndicate member in a $575 million debtor-in-possession financing for a global aluminum manufacturer
- Representation of the lead underwriter in a 144A and Regulation S offering of $440 million of secured high-yield bonds by a leading African independent oil and gas exploration company
- Representation of a private equity firm in connection with various acquisition financings ranging from $50 million to $250 million for education, data center and broadband target companies
- Representation of a private equity adviser in a $200 million term loan and asset-based lending facility in connection with the acquisition of a premium watch and accessories retailer
- Representation of the agent and lender in a $165 million variable funding note facility for a multi-office boutique wealth management firm
- Representation of the agent and syndicate member in a $120 million term loan facility for a leading independent producer of renewable energy in North and South America
- Representation of the lender in the issuance of a $40 million secured direct pay letter of credit to an international construction materials provider
- “INSIGHT: Syndicated Loan Industry Gets a Win in New York Federal Court,” Bloomberg Law, July 2020
- "INSIGHT: Covid-19 and Credit Markets—Key Issues for Lenders and Borrowers," Bloomberg Law, June 2020
- “Main Street Lending Program: New Relief for Small to Mid-Sized Businesses,” Thompson Hine COVID-19 Update, April 2020
- “Communicating With Your Lenders Early and Often Is More Important Than Ever,” Thompson Hine COVID-19 Update, April 2020
- “CARES Act: Implications for Businesses,” Thompson Hine COVID-19 Update, March 28, 2020
- Co-author, “False Statements and False Claims,” 43 Am. Crim. L. Rev. 199, 461 (2006)
- "Sponsorship is the Key to Leadership Development of Women and Diverse Attorneys: What It Means and How to Attract Sponsors in the Age of #MeToo," NYSBA CLE Program, July 24, 2019
- Named to The National Black Lawyers Top 100, 2020
- Selected by Lawyers of Color for its inaugural “Hot List” of 100 accomplished attorneys in the eastern region of New York, 2013
- National Bar Association
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- Metropolitan Black Bar Association
- Member, Benefit Committee, Young Life Gotham City
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), 2020 class of Fellows
- Board member, UPWARD Women, New York City Chapter
- Member, Georgetown Law Alumni Council
October 05, 2020
July 06, 2020
Thompson Hine Names LCLD Fellow and Two Pathfinders Thompson Hine LLP
February 26, 2020
July 10, 2019