Examples of Jon’s experience include:
- Successfully defended a prominent investment bank in a $13 billion dispute arising from the 2008 global financial crisis, winning at trial and affirming the victory on appeal.
- Successfully represented a major U.S. bank in a $60 billion dispute stemming from the bank’s decision to sell to another bank despite a no-shop period it had agreed to with a different entity.
- Defended company and individual employees in $30 million lawsuit stemming from alleged misrepresentations made by real estate brokers during the sales process.
- Defended client in $36 million fraud and negligent misrepresentation claim arising from an alleged kickback scheme and negotiated a settlement on favorable terms for the client.
- Represented client in connection with recovery of unpaid fees and unreimbursed expenses on large out-sourcing contract and settled on terms favorable to client.
- Obtained dismissal of arbitration demand in connection with $20 million commission claim made by sales professionals that had left a real estate brokerage client.
- Successfully managed numerous disputes related to unpaid real estate commissions, recovering over $50 million through pre-litigation negotiations, mediation and litigation.
- Defended claims brought by a vendor alleging that a data breach had caused it to incur losses.
Investigations & False Claims
- Oversaw major internal and external investigation into potential billion-dollar exposure for false-claims and successfully navigated interactions with government, company clients and employees to avoid liability.
- Managed response to government investigation avoiding exposure for labor violations and lack of internal controls.
- Led multinational investigation into claims arising from inadequate project management resulting in millions of dollars in overpayment to vendors and the failure to obtain government licenses.
- Defended client in its response to government investigation stemming from alleged systemic work-place harassment and successfully avoided any governmental action or fines.
- Ran internal investigation into allegations of bid-rigging and improper RFP processes.
- Conducted numerous internal investigations arising from business interruption events and providing counsel on root-cause analysis, loss mitigation and lessons-learned.
- Won dismissal of claims brought by competitor alleging client had interfered with non-compete provisions agreed to by professionals that joined client’s firm.
- Won dismissal of employment discrimination claim against client at the summary judgment stage.
- Defended and settled numerous EEOC matters through mediation and party-to-party negotiations.
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Richard M. Berman, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2012
- New York City Bar Association, Education & Law Committee, 2015-2018
- Scarsdale Citizen’s Nominating Committee, Vice Chair, 2018-2022
- Scarsdale Forum, Board Member, 2016-2019
- Legislative Assistant to the Honorable Joseph M. Hoeffel III, U.S. House of Representatives (PA-13), 2001-2003
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2006, cum laude
- Duke University, B.A., 2001
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York