Catherine R. Hartman
Catherine is an associate in the firm’s Business Litigation practice group. Her practice encompasses a wide range of experience in complex commercial litigation and white collar defense and investigations. She represents clients from diverse industries, including financial services, technology, insurance, health care, creative services and the arts, and construction and engineering.
Catherine earned her J.D. from Columbia University School of Law. While attending law school, Catherine served as a judicial intern for The Honorable Harold Baer, Jr. of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Illustrative examples of Catherine’s experience include:
- Representing a private company and an individual director in a cross-border breach of contract dispute involving sophisticated sports monitoring technology.
- Representing a financial services company in a trade secret misappropriation and unfair competition suit.
- Representing a large insurance broker in antitrust multidistrict litigation and mediation.
- Advising a foreign bank on multinational subpoena enforcement matters.
- Representing a lawyer in a defamation suit.
- Representing a technology company in a patent infringement suit.
- Representing a bank executive in a LIBOR fraud investigation.
- Representing accountants in a fraud investigation.
- Representing a defendant charged with felony gun possession.
- Representing two asylees with their respective asylum applications citing grounds of political persecution and sexual orientation.
- Federal Bar Association - Intellectual Property Section, member
- New York State Bar Association, member
- New York State Bar Association - Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law Section, member
- The Copyright Society of the USA, member
Firm Committee Memberships
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, pro bono work
- New York City Pro Bono GiveBack, member
- Spotlight on Women, member
- Diversity & Inclusion Initiative, member