Emily A. Farinacci
Emily is an associate in the Corporate Transactions & Securities practice group. She focuses her practice on mergers and acquisitions and federal and state securities law filings and compliance. Emily has experience with a variety of transactions, including:
- Initial public offerings
- Follow-on offerings
- Secondary offerings
- Private placements
- Rule 144 resales
- Private company mergers and acquisitions (for-profit and non-profit)
Emily also has experience in drafting proxy statements and information statements, working with confidential treatment requests and providing guidance on annual meetings for both public and private companies.
Emily is an active volunteer at The First Tee of Cleveland, a 501(c)(3) organization which provides programming for children focusing on life skills, instilling core values and building character through the game of golf. She also serves on the Executive Committee of the Loyola Club of Cleveland, a local network of Jesuit-educated alumni and friends.
Emily earned her B.S. in Business Administration and B.A. in Political Science from Saint Louis University and her J.D. from The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law. During law school, she served as staff editor and managing editor of the Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution, in which she also published an article covering mandatory arbitration clauses in corporate governance. While attending law school, Emily served as an intern for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s Division of Enforcement, Asset Management Unit, where she assisted with investigations of investment companies and investment advisers in connection with hedge funds, mutual funds and funds of funds.
- Note, “In a Bind: Mandatory Arbitration Clauses in the Corporate Derivative Context,” 28 Ohio St. J. on Disp. Resol. 737 (2013).
- George R. Beneman Memorial Award for Outstanding Performance in Moot Court, 2013
- Scholarship recipient, Women Lawyers of Franklin County, 2012
- Finalist, Ruby R. Vale Interscholastic Corporate Moot Court Competition, 2012
- CALI Award for Excellence in Appellate Advocacy and Capital Markets, 2012
- Board member, Great Lakes Biomimicry
- Member, Executive Committee, Loyola Club of Cleveland
- Volunteer, The First Tee of Cleveland
- Volunteer, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association 3Rs Program, 2013-2015