Brian is an associate in the Corporate Transactions & Securities group and the Investment Management practice. He regularly advises investment companies (including mutual funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), closed-end funds and business development companies), their investment advisers, and their boards of directors on a wide range of regulatory and corporate matters including organizing and launching funds, regulatory compliance, fund reorganizations and acquisitions, and fund governance.
In addition, Brian, has earned the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US) credential and counsels investment management and other clients on compliance with state, federal, and international laws governing information privacy and security.
Brian is a U.S. Army veteran who served in various operational roles at Fort Knox, Kentucky; Fort Campbell, Kentucky; and in Afghanistan. While attending law school, Brian worked as information technology project manager for a Fortune 20 company and focused on data, storage and protection projects.
- "California’s New Data Privacy Law Coming into Focus," Thompson Hine Privacy & Cybersecurity Update, October 2019
- “SEC Issues New Guidance Regarding Investment Advisers’ Proxy Voting Responsibilities and Proxy Advisory Firms,” Thompson Hine Investment Management Update, September 2019
- “State Biometric Privacy Legislation: What You Need to Know,” Thompson Hine Privacy & Cybersecurity Update, September 2019
- “SEC Proposes Updates to Rules Governing CEFs,” Thompson Hine Investment Management Update, July 2019
- “Overview of SEC’s Proposed Rule Changes for Business Development Companies,” Thompson Hine Investment Management Update, April 2019
- Bronze Star Medal with Oak Leaf Cluster
- Meritorious Service Medal
- Army Commendation Medal
- United States Army Pathfinder Badge
- United States Army Air Assault Badge
- United States Army Airborne Badge
- United States Army Combat Action Badge
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Make-A-Wish Young Professionals Committee
- New Albany Young Professionals