Kyle is a discovery attorney in the Business Litigation practice group's Discovery Department. He provides support for the preservation, collection, review and production of electronic information in litigation. Kyle also assists in evaluating digital forensics and information governance issues related to data security, privacy and records management, and analyzes recent court decisions and legal precedents to assist litigators in counseling clients on e-discovery rules, procedures and obligations.
Before joining Thompson Hine, Kyle worked as a contract attorney, where he gained experience reviewing contracts, work product and communications for privilege, confidentiality and relevance to litigation, and conducted privilege, first and second pass, redaction and quality control reviews.
While in law school, Kyle served as an extern with University Hospitals and the Probate Court of Cuyahoga County.
Kyle’s experience includes:
- Preparing, organizing and evaluating documents for/from discovery productions and for attorneys in preparation for depositions and trial
- Conducting privilege reviews of discovery documents and generating privilege logs
- Supervising document review strategy, quality control reviews and coordination of review team assignments
- Assisting with trial preparations, including drafting motions, conducting legal research, preparing and reviewing documents and participating in client meetings
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Volunteer, Brief Advice Clinic, Legal Aid Society of Cleveland, March 2018-present