David Castillo Gocher
David is an associate in the firm’s Corporate Transactions & Securities practice group. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters, including governance, compliance with state and federal laws, and formation and operation. Prior to joining Thompson Hine, he practiced at an Am Law 200 firm where he worked as a corporate and labor employment associate. He also advised clients on various aspects of employment-based immigration, including immigrant and non-immigrant visas.
While attending law school, David worked as a legal extern for the Legal Aid of Cincinnati where he conducted legal research and analysis. He also assisted in the Hamilton Court Family Law Clinic advising pro-se litigants. His experience also includes having worked for the Honorable Sidney I. Schenkier in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
David is a strong supporter of the arts and has experience in advising arts-related, non-profit organizations in all aspects of their organization and operation.
- American Immigrations Lawyers Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- The National LGBT Bar Association
- Keep Cincinnati Beautiful, Board Member, 2021-present
- Cincinnati Boychoir, Board Member, 2021-present
- American Guild of Organists
- American Choral Directors Association
- Texas Music Educators Association
- Mexican National Organists and Choral Directors Association
- National Association of Pastoral Musicians
- Chorus America
- Organización en Defensa de Los Inmigrantes de Mexico (volunteer)
- Pro Bono Partnership of Ohio