Diane B. Brunn
Diane is a partner in the firm's Personal & Succession Planning group. Her practice focuses on estate planning and administration, business succession planning and fiduciary litigation. She counsels individuals and families on a wide range of personal, charitable and estate planning matters.
Prior to rejoining Thompson Hine in 2013, Diane was a vice president/trust officer at Key Private Bank. She also served as a career law clerk for the Honorable Walter Rice, United States District Court.
Additionally, Diane served in the United States Army (1984 to 1988) and in the Ohio Army National Guard (1992 to 1995).
- Provides probate administration legal services as well as estate planning services to individual clients and business owners, focusing on family wealth transfer planning.
- Routinely speaks at local community seminars and other events on estate planning related topics.
- Served as trust/administrative officer, managing all aspects of wealth administration for various high net worth family relationships.
- As a career law clerk in the federal court system, wrote a multitude of legal documents, including decisions, orders, jury instructions, findings of facts and conclusions of law.
- "What are the Real Requirements for Interest Deductibility? An Analysis of Revenue Procedure 94-272," 21 Dayton L. Rev. 145
- Valedictorian of law school class
- Earned designation of Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA), as trust officer
- United States Army, earned paratrooper and air assault badges
- Dayton Bar Association
- Miriam Rosenthal Foundation for the Arts, board member
- Sugar Creek Presbyterian Church, Kettering, Ohio, ordained elder and deacon
- Presbytery of the Miami Valley, trustee
- YWCA, Dayton, Ohio, past board member
- Brighter Tomorrow Foundation, Dayton, Ohio, past board president; volunteer legal counsel
- Volunteer Nurses Association, Dayton, Ohio, past board member; executive committee member
- University of Dayton School of Law, adjunct professor, 2005
March 28, 2013