Jim is an associate in the Corporate Transactions & Securities group. He counsels public and private companies across various industries on a broad range of corporate, compliance and transactional matters including mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financings and corporate governance matters. He also drafts and negotiates transactional, corporate, financing, commercial and securities documents and agreements.
Examples of Jim’s experience include:
- Representing a business app development company raising capital in its first round of financing.
- Representing a group of more than 30 dentist offices in a roll-up transaction resulting in the sale of the practices to a private equity firm.
- Representing an audience response system manufacturer in its acquisition of certain assets of an educational hardware and software provider through a UCC Article 9 sale.
- Representing a private equity firm in its purchase of a concrete railroad tie manufacturer.
- Representing a specialty chemical company in its $30 million acquisition of a polymer production company.
- Representing an employee benefits and retirement products company in its acquisition of a financial services company.
- Representing the purchaser of multiple gas and convenience store operations.
- Representing an environmental, health, safety and sustainability consulting firm in its stock sale to a business improvement solutions provider.
- “Into the Unknown: Purchase Agreement Considerations in the Time of COVID-19,” Thompson Hine Business Law Update, Summer 2020
- “So, You’re in a Recession: What Should M&A Buyers and Sellers Do Next?” Thompson Hine Business Law Update, Fall 2019
- “The Odd Couple: Understanding the Relationship Between Indemnification and Representation and Warranty Insurance,” Thompson Hine Business Law Update, Fall 2018
- “The Growing Commercial Applications of Blockchain Technology,” Thompson Hine Business Law Update, Summer 2017
- “Operating as a Public Benefit Corporation: Pros & Cons,” Thompson Hine Business Law Update, Winter 2017
- “Tips for a Successful Working Capital Adjustment,” Thompson Hine Business Law Update, Fall 2016
- The First Tee of Cleveland Ambassadors Committee
- YACG Member