- Represented clients on supply chain disputes involving the UCC and the battle of the forms.
- Represented clients on claims involving the misappropriation of trade secrets under both state and federal law, and patent infringement.
- Represented clients on breach of contract actions, including non-competes, breach of confidentiality and breach of fiduciary duties.
- Served as local counsel in multiple large litigation matters, including a class action, to advise clients on the complexities of practicing in the Northern District of Ohio.
- Advised clients on a broad range of data protection laws, including the TCPA, VPPA, BIPA and other privacy legislation.
- Advised clients on drafting policies and procedures and developing internal compliance programs with respect to a broad range of data protection laws, statutes and regulations, including consumer privacy requirements, employee data privacy notices and policies, and biometric data processing.
- Advised Fortune 50 company on implementing Windows Hello and PingID on employer-provided devices in a manner consistent with U.S. biometric data processing laws and regulations.
- Counseled global manufacturing firm on federal telecommunications law (TCPA) with respect to implementing company-wide SMS communications, including opt-in and opt-out processes.
- Assisted national financial institution in responding to complaint filed in California state court that its website violated the Video Privacy Protection Act of 1998 for implementing certain third-party pixels, cookies and tags without proper notice and consent.
- “One Text Message Is Enough: Eleventh Circuit Essentially Overturns Prior TCPA Ruling,” Thompson Hine Business Litigation Update, August 2023
- “Significant Changes to Florida’s Privacy, Breach Notification, and Telemarketing Laws,” Thompson Hine Privacy & Cybersecurity Update, June 2023
- “Emily Janoski-Haehlen: First Permanent Female Dean of the University of Akron School of Law,” The Federal Lawyer, May/June 2022
- Board member, Federal Bar Association, Northern District of Ohio chapter
- Board member, Cleveland Children’s Museum
- Committee member, St. Joseph Academy
- University of Akron School of Law, J.D., 2009, cum laude,
Akron Law Review, articles editor
- The Ohio State University, B.A., 2006, cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- One Text Message Is Enough: Eleventh Circuit Essentially Overturns Prior TCPA Ruling,
Business Litigation Update, August 10, 2023
- Significant Changes to Florida’s Privacy, Breach Notification, and Telemarketing Laws,
Privacy & Cybersecurity Update, June 14, 2023