Yesenia D. Batista
Yesenia's practice focuses on the areas of corporate trust-related agreements and structured finance transactions. She represents major financial institutions serving in trustee and various other capacities, such as collateral agent, escrow agent, exchange agent, paying agent, depositary agent and administrative agent.
Yesenia has extensive experience representing clients involved in certain post-closing matters, including collateral acquisitions and releases, and addition of guarantees. She also advises on default situations, document interpretation issues and other aspects of transactions. She routinely works on secured debt transactions and reviews and negotiates account control agreements, pledge agreements, intercreditor agreements and other types of security documents. Yesenia also represents trustees in connection with reinsurance trust transactions.
- Represented a U.S. trust and agency-related services company as indenture trustee in connection with the bankruptcy filing of Sino-Forest Corporation.
- Acted as lead attorney representing a U.S. multinational banking and financial services holding company as indenture trustee, paying agent, registrar and collateral agent in a $425 million senior secured debt offering for a major U.S. distributor of produce.
- Represented a facility agent in connection with the $23.5 million financing for an India-based solar energy project.
- Represented a U.S. multinational banking and financial services holding company as series trustee in a $1.25 billion senior debt offering for a major U.S.-based producer of canned soups and related products.
- Acted as lead attorney representing a U.S. national commercial banking company as indenture trustee, calculation agent, paying agent and registrar in a $2.75 billion senior debt offering for a multinational beverage corporation and manufacturer, retailer and marketer of nonalcoholic beverage concentrates and syrups.
- Represented a U.S. national commercial banking company as indenture trustee, calculation agent, paying agent and registrar in an $800 million senior debt offering for a U.S. grocery manufacturing and processing conglomerate.
- “What Happens When the Recently Enacted NY LIBOR Statute Meets the Trust Indenture Act?,” Thompson Hine Corporate Trust Update, April 2021
- “Marblegate Reversed: U.S. Second Circuit Clarifies Right to Payment Under Trust Indenture Act,” Thompson Hine Corporate Trust Update, January 2017
- “Latest Developments: Congress Decides Not to Amend Trust Indenture Act in Spending Bill,” Thompson Hine Corporate Trust Update, December 2015
- “Congress Considering Amendment to Trust Indenture Act in Context of Spending Bill,” Thompson Hine Corporate Trust Update, December 2015
- Selected for inclusion in Lawyers of Color's Nation's Best 2020
- New York County Lawyers' Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Puerto Rican Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
Nine Thompson Hine Lawyers Recognized by Lawyers of Color Thompson Hine LLP
April 05, 2021