Joe, who joined Thompson Hine as a first-year associate in 2019, focuses on a variety of commercial litigation matters. He defends clients’ interests in a wide range of matters including contract disputes, financial services litigation and business torts.
While attending law school, Joe served as a legal extern for the Ohio Public Defender’s Death Penalty Division and as an intern in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Privacy Office.
- “Eleventh Circuit Deepens Split on Standing in FDCPA Cases,” Thompson Hine Business Litigation Update, July 2020
- “Decisions Highlight Relevance of Responses to Alleged Misrepresentation in FDCPA Cases,” Thompson Hine Business Litigation Update, June 2020
- “Ninth Circuit Holds That Debt Buyers That Outsource Direct Collection Are Still Debt Collectors Subject to the FDCPA,” Thompson Hine Business Litigation Update, March 2020
- “Remote Online Notarization Emerging as an Essential Business Tool in Ohio,” Thompson Hine COVID-19 Update, March 2020
- “Reforming the Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty Framework to Protect the Future of the Internet,” 79 Ohio State Law Journal: Furthermore, 2018
- Moritz College of Law Leadership Award, 2017
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards: Legal Writing II, Evidence, White-Collar Crime
- Dayton Bar Association
- Dayton Federal Bar Association
- Greater Dayton Volunteer Lawyers Project
- Resident Resources Network, non-voting board member, 2018-2019