Melissa is an associate in the Business Litigation practice group. She focuses on a variety of commercial litigation matters.
While attending law school, Melissa served as an extern for Judge Alice M. Batchelder of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. She also interned for the Office of the Solicitor for the U.S. Department of the Interior.
- “The Evolution of Personal Jurisdiction to Protect Attorneys and Other Out-of-State Professionals,” For the Defense, DRI, April 2019
- “Ohio Supreme Court Rejects Cumulative-Exposure Theory for Asbestos Claims,” Thompson Hine Product Liability Update, February 2018
- “New & Noteworthy,” The Price Point, ABA Pricing Conduct Committee newsletter, Spring 2017
- Case Moot Court Team, 2016-2017; highest-scored brief in regional round and advancement to national round in New York Bar Association’s National Moot Court Competition
- CALI Excellence Awards: Civil Rights, Human Rights and Immigration Clinic; Legal Writing; Law of Archaeological Relics
- Ohio Women's Bar Association, Judicial Selection Committee
- American Bar Association, Woman Advocate Committee
- Defense Research Institute
- Cleveland Kids' Book Bank Young Professionals, board member
- HandOn Northeast Ohio, volunteer