Roy L. Turnell
Roy is a partner in the firm’s Corporate Transactions & Securities practice group and a member of Thompson Hine’s International Committee. His practice involves counseling public and private corporations and their executives regarding a broad range of matters.
Roy has significant experience as lead negotiator in mergers and acquisitions, including domestic and international transactions, formation of joint ventures, and other major commercial contract negotiation and documentation. He has on three separate occasions acted as interim general counsel (seconded in-house) for firm clients (one a publicly held U.S. company, another the U.S. subsidiary of a non-U.S. concern, the third a U.S. subsidiary of a U.S. conglomerate) with all of the responsibilities a general counsel’s office entails. His practice also includes advising clients on matters of corporate governance, with particular attention to executive compensation matters, and on executive employment and compensation arrangements.
- Representing a publicly held U.S. sterility company in its acquisition of a much larger U.S.-based industry leader in sterilizer manufacturing.
- Counseling a publicly held Irish medical product company in its acquisition of a U.S.-based sterile packaging company.
- Advising a publicly held U.S. medical product company in its acquisition of a specialty health care company, including advice on the contractual relationship between the target and a Korean supplier.
- Representing a publicly held U.S. chemical concern in its acquisition of a privately held chemical company.
- Advising a UK-based company with a global presence in its acquisition of U.S.-based a halocarbon management and gas reclamation company.
- Counseling the same UK-based company in its acquisition of assets of a U.S. supplier of refrigerant gases.
- Representing an Ireland-based manufacturing company in its first U.S. acquisition.
- Advising a UK-based company in its acquisition of a U.S. manufacturer of precision manufacturing control devices.
- Counseling a publicly held U.S. sterility company in its acquisition of a UK manufacturer of chemical sterility indicators.
- Representing a publicly held U.S. sterility company in its acquisition of a Swiss manufacturer of specialty washing machines.
- Representing a publicly held U.S. sterility company in its acquisition of a Swedish producer of automated laboratory cleaning systems.
- Counseling a publicly held Canadian steel distributor in multiple acquisitions of U.S. steel service centers and in dealings with concerns in Japan, Germany and Italy.
- Advising a publicly held Greek mining concern in the U.S. portion of its acquisition of assets from a major German industrial materials firm.
- Representing a publicly held Greek mining concern in negotiations for U.S. mining properties.
- Counseling a Belgium-based pharmaceutical company in comprehensive cross-border negotiations with a major U.S. based pharmaceutical company for co-development and co-promotion of a potentially blockbuster drug and related agreements.
- Representing a subsidiary of major U.S. health care provider in the negotiation of highly complex long-term agreements for cross-border outsourcing of operations.
- Advising a Netherlands branch of a major European pharmaceutical concern in negotiation to acquire rights to key technology from an about-to-go-public U.S. corporation.
- Representing the same Netherlands branch of a major European pharmaceutical concern in negotiations in India with a prospective supplier.
- Advising the board of directors of a major U.S. public company regarding governance and executive compensation matters amid changes of its Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer.
- Representing a major U.S. distributor of silicon in negotiations for a long-term supply agreement with an Iceland-based entity.
- Counseling a U.S. individual in connection with his agreement to lead a publicly held Netherlands-based water distribution corporation.
- Representing a Hong Kong-based German national in ongoing employment negotiations with a Kuwait-based multinational logistics firm.
- AV® Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in Legal 500 in Merger and Acquisition, 2014
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Cleveland International Film Festival, past President and current Board and Executive Committee Member