2011 Legal 500 United States Recommends Thompson Hine
Date: June 27, 2011
Thompson Hine LLP is pleased to announce its inclusion in the 2011 edition of The Legal 500 United States, a directory of peer- and client-recommended firms, practices and lawyers used by clients throughout the country to guide their selection of lawyers and law firms.Published for more than 20 years, the Legal 500 series provides information and opinions about firms and lawyers across the globe based on interviews with lawyers and representatives from client companies.
Thompson Hine ranks nationally for mergers, acquisitions and buyouts, recognized for its experience with emerging, middle-market and large established businesses, both public and private, as well as a variety of investment funds and professionals.
The firm's construction practice, including construction litigation, also ranks nationally, earning praise for its bench strength, value for the dollar, high level of construction competence and handling of contentious matters worth many millions of dollars nationwide. Of special note, the guide rates practice leader Jeffrey R. Appelbaum a leading lawyer in national construction law, making him one of only 10 lawyers in the country to receive this recognition.
Also ranked nationally is the firm's real estate practice, cited for its successful completion of a wide variety of transactions in 2010, including property acquisitions, build-to-suit and joint venture developments, restructurings, workouts, foreclosures and loan modification deals. Within the group, 8 lawyers from 5 different offices received a recommendation in the guide.
Below is a list of the 12 Thompson Hine lawyers who were recommended by name:
- Jeffrey R. Appelbaum (construction)
- John M. Clapp (mergers, acquisitions and buyouts)
- Thomas J. Coyne (real estate)
- Darrel R. Davison (real estate)
- Bruce G. Hopkins (real estate)
- Jared E. Oakes (real estate)
- David W. Salisbury (real estate)
- Peter W. Smith (mergers, acquisitions and buyouts)
- Linda A. Striefsky (real estate)
- Mario J. Suarez (real estate)
- Patrick J. Sweeney (construction)
- Susan C. Tarnower (real estate)